All Things Robocop

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, then maybe i should get the Robo PF and take a hammer to the torso and up and leave the legs, can work as a nice never before seen from the movie, R&D style piece. lol!

The hair to my shoulders now, almost back to what it was. :D

Last edited:
My Sideshow PF rapes all...Suck my polystone _____es!!!:chew
eh... i liked it at first because of the size and the leg holster, but the head just looks... weird.
of all the robocop collectibles i've owned, the HT figure is the only one that stuck around.

Well, then maybe i should get the Robo PF and take a hammer to the torso and up and leave the legs, can work as a nice R&D style piece. lol!

The hair to my shoulders now, almost back to what it was. :D

hahaha good to hear about hair. I can't believe you sold your Hot toys version with only the Neca left...What were you thinking!

eh... i liked it at first because of the size and the leg holster, but the head just looks... weird.
of all the robocop collectibles i've owned, the HT figure is the only one that stuck around.

For sure man, we are all different I guess. I have owned them all too...The last one I sold was my Hot Toys...The only one I kept was my exclusive Pf. That's just teh way I feel... I just can't see myself boxing up that PF and putting it up for sale.

I don't think there is a definitive Robocop poseable figure.

Taking just the non-battle-damaged ones we have - Hot Toys 1/6th and NECA 18"...well the NECA loses for me because I find 18" to be a pretty much useless scale and its joints and paintjob aren't great. I would certainly keep the Hot Toys over that due to greater compatability with everything else.

However, although its hard to cross/compare different scales, I think the overall proportions on NECA's one are more accurate to the film. If we could get a kind of hybrid figure out of the plus points on each - most of those plus points would come from the Hot Toys figure, 1 of them would come from the NECA for me.

McFarlane's figure has faults too but it does benefit from being the only battledamaged figure we have and so it remains useful to me. I also like the paint finish on that one.

If you spray the Neca RoboCop with a can of Taiyama clear gloss(i used the whole can), it makes it 20x better, just be sure to mask the flesh colour area of the face with some tape.

McFarlane's figure has faults too but it does benefit from being the only battledamaged figure we have and so it remains useful to me. I also like the paint finish on that one.
i kept mine around for a while because i had plans to put a Weller head on it
but it turned out to be too much of a hassle so i gave up and sold it off.
i'd like to see what a pro could do with the figure though.

Thanks a-dev, i took some pics of this awhile back and still love this figure along with the built in sounds.

2ur2qaa.jpg

Thanks a-dev, i took some pics of this awhile back and still love this figure along with the built in sounds.

2ur2qaa.jpg

Yea the built in sounds were definitely a big bonus on this figure. And for $20 bucks it's a total steal. I liked the Mcfarlane sculpt on their BD Robo. The head does looks a bit small but the mouth was always more superior IMO. The Hot Toys has my favorite paint application. It's a lot more glossy and metallic looking than the other 2. But I really wish Hot Toys could have done a better job on the holster and the neck. I hate that neck. Any way I can mod it to make it look better?

A note to any Robocop PF owners, remember to take his hands off before attempting to dust him. Unfortunately, the first time i forget to do this has resulted in his 'gun hand' hitting the floor and snapping the gun in half. He lost a finger as well. :mad:

Is there an adhesive you would recommend that i would be able to get in the UK? It appears to be made of polystone.

A note to any Robocop PF owners, remember to take his hands off before attempting to dust him. Unfortunately, the first time i forget to do this has resulted in his 'gun hand' hitting the floor and snapping the gun in half. He lost a finger as well. :mad:

Is there an adhesive you would recommend that i would be able to get in the UK? It appears to be made of polystone.

Tried CrazyGlue?

I haven't tried anything yet as i want to make sure i get it right first time. The only glues i have here are Araldite Rapid (solvent free multi-purpose adhesive) and Evo-Stik Timebond (multi-purpose contact adhesive). Would either of these be suitable?

Not sure. I picked up a Van Helsing Dracula comiquette for an embarrasingly good price and when I received it, a point on the wind was broken. CrazyGlued both pieces and stuck them together and it's like it was never broken. Unfortunately, not sure if they have CrazyGlue in the UK.

yeah, i've fixed polystone stuff with krazy/modeling glue.
polystone is just plastic resin with stone additives. easy fix.

I have a Robocop question thats been bugging me, its been on sky lately and I'm pretty sure its not the same version i saw when I was too young to watch such a violent film :)

When Ed-209 shoots the guy at the start the original didnt show him still being hit when he was on the table, Murphys arm being blown off wasnt in it, and several other bits I cant remember now, all violent parts though.

Is it a directors cut or unrated version or what? Or am I just going mad?

yep. the unrated cut showed the guy getting blasted by ed for MUCH longer and it was hilarious.
i haven't watched it recently so i don't remember what all else it had. but i remember it being better.

Hurrah! And I had a bet with my mate who insisted it was the same!

First you get the money. Then you get the women...

I have a Robocop question thats been bugging me, its been on sky lately and I'm pretty sure its not the same version i saw when I was too young to watch such a violent film :)

When Ed-209 shoots the guy at the start the original didnt show him still being hit when he was on the table, Murphys arm being blown off wasnt in it, and several other bits I cant remember now, all violent parts though.

Is it a directors cut or unrated version or what? Or am I just going mad?

Brilliant! Thanks for reminding me about being too young to watch films. Robocop WAS that film for me, I WAS too young to watch it, but I too was blown away like Mr Kenny on the table. I loved everything Robocop then and now, I have great memories and now some of my dreams have come true........

IMG_2567-2.jpg

IMG_4421.jpg

IMG_4930.jpg

IMG_4577.jpg

All things ROBOCOP!:bow

Back