6th Doctor WIP

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BillyB

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Hey All,
This is still just a work in progress, but wanted to post some pics of my 6th Doctor so far.
Costume is all made from hand with exception to the tie (found material).
Striped pants made from custom material.
Vest made from a modified checkered material.
Boots/Spats are a one piece sculpt cast in resin and then drilled out to fit HT foot posts.
The head was made to go with an earlier season outfit, but I haven't found a good image of the vest pattern to work from at this time, so I went with the costume from the Trial of a Timelord episodes.
To go along with it, I'm currently modifying the head so that he'll be a little fuller in the face and have the longer hair as well.
I rushed the paint job, so go easy.
Hope to have the coat done soon to finish him up and will add new pics.
Thanks,
BillyB
CollinFull1.jpg

CollinClose1.jpg

From what can be seen in the two pics, concerning the actual work you did, I think it looks fantastic. And that includes the paint job. Only odd thing I noticed: the buttons on the vest seem to be spaced really wonky. But since I'm not familiar with the character of design I don't know if it's supposed to be like that or what!? Most impressive thing imo is the fit of the clothes. Especially the vest.

No just in general: that is hands down one of the goofiest looking mofo's I've ever seen. Looks like the Joker if he used a picnic table for his suit. :lol

Great work as always BillyB.

jesus! that is absolutely beautiful!
always wonderful to see Doctor Who represented on this forum lol

Nice work. Not sure the body is right for Colin Baker though ;) I love the pants the most! :rock

That looks nice! Where did you find the pink chain? I've been trying to find some for the 6th Doctor outfit I made ages ago.

Thank you for all the comments. :)
Sorry I didn't get back sooner.

So I got the second sculpt done. He has a little more weight to his face and hair. I also tested out a little "padding" to his belly so that he doesn't look so buff.
Still collecting parts for the jacket. Hope to have it done soon.

Colin2.jpg

Colin2side.jpg

His vest buttons are supposed to be a little weird. He has six buttons, but instead of being spaced out evenly down the vest there are 3 sets of 2 grouped together. Center ones need to be moved a little bit and if I can sculpt them up I'll replace them with the teddy bear heads. (very strange costume)

Thanks,
BillyB

From what can be seen in the two pics, concerning the actual work you did, I think it looks fantastic. And that includes the paint job. Only odd thing I noticed: the buttons on the vest seem to be spaced really wonky. But since I'm not familiar with the character of design I don't know if it's supposed to be like that or what!? Most impressive thing imo is the fit of the clothes. Especially the vest.

No just in general: that is hands down one of the goofiest looking mofo's I've ever seen. Looks like the Joker if he used a picnic table for his suit. :lol

Great work as always BillyB.

That looks nice! Where did you find the pink chain? I've been trying to find some for the 6th Doctor outfit I made ages ago.

Thanks Vikki. The chain is just a basic silver chain. I sprayed it with a couple light coats of dullcoat and then applied a pink wash over it and then another round of dullcoat.

So I finally got the coat done. A few things to tweak and I still need to add the cat pin on the lapel and I'll be resculpting the boots, but he's pretty much done. Coat was a huge challenge. No outer seams other than the pockets!

colinfront1.jpg

colinside2.jpg

colinback1.jpg

Back