1/6 Moisture Vaporator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
(hangs head in shame) I hadn't seen that before. Makes mine look pretty amateur. Oh, wait. I am an amateur:lol. That's OK though. Now I have something else to refer to. It's pretty sweet. I really have to look longer for good source material. Right now, It's basically the 1st couple decent images I find on Google. I keep learning more with each project. I admit I still wouldn't have done his level of detail, but I've got some new ideas for the final paint job now. Thanks for the link!

Hey no problem, no need to hang your head in shame, the more pieces you make, the more you learn and will eventually get better and better. This guy has obviously been doing this awhile, do you think this is his first try at anything like this? You'll be at this level after a few more, just keep at it! :whip

(hangs head in shame) I hadn't seen that before. Makes mine look pretty amateur. Oh, wait. I am an amateur:lol. That's OK though. Now I have something else to refer to. It's pretty sweet. I really have to look longer for good source material. Right now, It's basically the 1st couple decent images I find on Google. I keep learning more with each project. I admit I still wouldn't have done his level of detail, but I've got some new ideas for the final paint job now. Thanks for the link!

Now young lady you listen to me!! your work is brilliant. You inspire me and many others I am sure. Never compare your self to any body else but yourself. We all do the best that we can, in the best way we know how.......

Now get on with it I want to see it fished by sundown or I will swim from the Uk to USA track you down and kicks yo ASS!

Who's sunset, mine or yours?

If it's mine, I'd say I'd best get crackin' on it then, cause I only have about an hour left, but then again, the sun hasn't shown itself for days around here, so I guess Mother Nature has bought me some extra time.

All kidding aside, I'm more than happy to be known as budget guy who gets the most out of styrofoam and toilet paper tubes. However, I do compare myself to you guys to push the envelope, my envelope. If you never strive for better, you settle for mediocrity. I need to start having better plans and start using better materials, then I'll have better projects. And better projects gets me 1 step closer to someday, possibly, if I'm lucky being in the guild?? Not sure of the entry criteria, but we've all got to shoot for something.

I think yours looks awesome so far...something to definitely be proud of! :rock

LOL. agreed we all need to push our selves and aim to be the best we can.

As far as The Guild of BA Stard Crafty Men goes... all you need is a photo of yourself sporting some sort of Vision enhancement System, whilst modelling a vest!

Thats it....
Then post your pic on the hasbro droid thread and I will do the rest.

Im gonna make us some badges I think.

NOW quit all this gasing and get modelling

Last edited:
LOL. agreed we all need to push our selves and aim to be the best we can.

As far as The Guild of BA Stard Crafty Men goes... all you need is a photo of yourself sporting some sort of Vision enhancement System, whilst modelling a vest!

Thats it....
Then post your pic on the hasbro droid thread and I will do the rest.

Im gonna make us some badges I think.

NOW quit all this gasing and get modelling

:lecture:lecture:banana:chew

The medium you use is irrelevant. With what I've seen your truly a talent to behold. Never sell yourself short. Create because you want to. I don't know what rfr5671"s intention was with his post, but it doesn't compare.That model is as tall as the guy who made it,it's all styrene and pvc using resin and vacum molding techniques and he's been doing it for years:

About Lasse Henning:
I was born in 1968 in Norway, where I still live. My life was somewhat turned upside down by the release of Star Wars in 1977. I started experimenting with scratchbuilding in 1984 and have kept doing so since that. I am self-taught in most modeling disciplines. I currently work as a modelbuilder for an architectural company that builds buildings and landscapes.

I for one think you rock, and if it wasn't for this forum I would never even of got started. SO BUILD, BUILD, BUILD, AND ENJOY!!!

Totally agree with Fia2k9, rfr5671 posted the site to inspire us all and that it does. That guy is great and his work is outstanding as is yours Fla and yours Darth_IMPoor hell I love it all your all great we are all great. Ow I am welling up with the love.

Can not wait to see the next set of pics.

I love this forum... if if was not for this forum I would never had started and probably would have given up ages ago. Thank you all for making it such a great forum

I don't know what rfr5671"s intention was with his post, but it doesn't compare.
I just wanted to show Darth this guys vaporator because there are some great detail shots for reference and Lasse's site also gives some really cool tricks and tips for scratchbuilding things like this. I posted this only for good intentions, I hope I didn't come across poorly.

Thanks Dorgmal, you guys are amazing at this stuff!

I just wanted to show Darth this guys vaporator because there are some great detail shots for reference and Lasse's site also gives some really cool tricks and tips for scratchbuilding things like this. I posted this only for good intentions, I hope I didn't come across poorly.

Thanks Dorgmal, you guys are amazing at this stuff!

Totally agree that stuff is amazing and great for tips, tricks and inspiration. I am sure no one took your post the wrong way.

I certainly didn't. As a matter of fact, I'll be using those pics for reference this weekend to wrap this up.

I finished the build today. It's all primed up and drying. Tomorrow it will start to get it's final color and I will attempt to weather. Luke's in for scale right now, but I wanted to show you guys the size (at the expense of some of the details). Once it's all done up and purty, I'll get some detail shots. It clocked in at an impressive 38.5 inches and yes, it comes apart for 2 more manageable pieces. Enjoy. There's been a lot of great work being done by everyone the last couple weeks!

vap004.jpg

Back