1/6 Indy Customizations: Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really like the Temple of Doom Indy's on here.
I think what would make them look better though is if the shirts looked stained more.
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/lCnS8eIGv0o&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/lCnS8eIGv0o&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I really like the Temple of Doom Indy's on here.
I think what would make them look better though is if the shirts looked stained more.
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/lCnS8eIGv0o&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/lCnS8eIGv0o&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Yeah, its not so much stained in the movie as wet. I haven't worked out how to get that damp look yet.

Can't believe I haven't posted here yet. the pictures are all over the forum.

SSC Indy on TT body:

RD016.jpg

RD015.jpg

RD014.jpg

Medi Indy on massive body:

DSC06548.jpg

Halloween021.jpg

It would be great if someone produced a TOD shirt. We can all unstitch the sleeve, but the way it opens to the waist really needs to be stitched into place, the buttons need to be on the right side for an open shirt, and of course the colour needs to be accurate.

Still waiting for muscle body to arrive, so plenty of time for pedantic customisations:
Pedantic.jpg

Moved the shirt buttons to the correct side.

It would be great if someone produced a TOD shirt. We can all unstitch the sleeve, but the way it opens to the waist really needs to be stitched into place, the buttons need to be on the right side for an open shirt, and of course the colour needs to be accurate.

I really don't think the shirt colour needs to be changed much:
IJTemple_Still_PK_C-18.jpg

If anything, I think the SS pants need to be a bit more grey for a TOD Indy.
Also, in some scenes the shirt is buttoned at the bottom

In others not:
bag-ToDbridge2.jpg

Guess it depends if you wanna display with Mola Ram having easy access to Indy's heart. Kali Ma! :devil

I only bought my Indy because the repaints and customizations that everyone have done here. This spured me to take up painting again, so here is my addition to the thread.

picture.php

I'm waiting on a custom Indy kit from SoveriengStudios to upgrade the clothing as well.

Tyler and elvis1976: both your Indys are excellent :clap
Tyler, did you repaint the hatted head as well? If so, pics please! :)
elvis1976, the base kicks a$$ :rock

No. I haven't yet. I'm back to work now doing 14hr day's so it may take some time.

Elvis1976, I think your one is great. The customised bases in your work adds just that little bit extra to complete the WOW factor.

I'll second that. Great job, fellas!

Here are some shots I snapped today of Ben's Raiders Indy and my Last Crusade Indy.

JoshandBenscustomSideshowIndyfig-2.jpg

JoshandBenscustomSideshowIndyfig-3.jpg

JoshandBenscustomSideshowIndyfig-1.jpg

JoshandBenscustomSideshowIndyfigure.jpg

My LC Indy with the flash
JoshandBenscustomSideshowIndyfig-5.jpg

Without
JoshandBenscustomSideshowIndyfig-4.jpg

Notice the difference in color of the pants between the two figures. We dyed the LC pants so that they would better resemble the pinkish hue of Harrison's on screen trousers.

And here's a picture of my unaltered Medicom Henry, Sr. and Junior (before we dyed the pants).
JMKscustomizedSideshowIndy12.jpg

I'm quite proud of Ben's repaint.

Here is how my Indy looks at the moment after various alterations and face repaint until SoveriegnStudios upgrade gear arrives.

picture.php

Work done so far:
1) Swap to a Soldier Story body for now. Using the Soldier Story hands as well.
2) Shorten arms and legs to correct length for clothing.
3) Add padding to stommach, bottom and legs to fill clothes out.
4) Cut and alter collar on shirt to fit neck better. You can see the faults in my rough tailoring when figure is in hand it just doesn't show in photo.
5) Weather jacket by dry brushing with a light mat brown.
6) Dirty trousers by dry brushing again.
7) Weigh down jacket by dropping a 2 pence peice down behind each pocket to make it look more like it is pulling down on shoulders like a real jacket.
8) Cut up about an inch from bottom of jacket in the side creases, then overlap the back on top of the sides more to bring strap and buckle closer, then glue to hold. This makes the waist smaller and more figure hugging.

I think that is about it untill I get a True Type body and upgrade clothing etc.

Last edited:
Back