Sovereign Studios updates - Current thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SovereignStudio

Super Freak
Reaction score
Guys,
I've heard it's getting pretty heated around here, I'm high on the poop-list right now. I've gotten a couple heads up emails, that I need to drop in here. Those emails reference a certain guy that took off with a lot of peoples' money and I know that's made plenty of people hostile and Leary of everyone selling stuff. I'm still here, I'm not going anywhere and everyone WILL get what they paid for. I'm always available by PM and email ([email protected]) I may be hard to get in touch with, but I did NOT fly the coop or blow anyone off. I'm sure most of you have seen people ARE getting their stuff. Not as fast as anyone, especially myself, would like but stuff IS going out.

eBay..... As i posted some time ago, I've got a guy that keeps my stuff sorted for me now. he does all of the business end. I'M WORKING ON BACKLOG AND NEW STUFF CONCURRENTLY, that's how it has to be. It's not like I can shut down entirely until the backlog is done, that would be the end all together. Being a free-lance artist is my only job, and has been for nearly 9 years. this is not a hobby for me. All I can do is divide my time between new stuff and backlog.

Backlog.... What does that even mean? It's happened to a lot of artists on this board. Like I said, I've done this sort of thing for a long time. You don't always hit deadlines, but my usual turn-around was 4-5 weeks. That was back when I only did eBay and private commissions. When you join a board orders just flood in. You assume you can keep it orderly, but you can't. You realize FAR too late that the key to those timely turn-arounds was managing what you were putting out there and in what quantities. Even when I first came here that's exactly what I did; I took orders in groups of 3-4 pieces. There were no problems and I gained a solid rep in a short time. Perfect. When you let go of that and start excepting every order that comes in you bury yourself before you even realize you started digging. That's how you end up with a backlog.

I know plenty of you are very upset with me, and I get that. But what matters most to me right now is getting this stuff done and also that you all know that I am NOT trying, nor did I EVER intend, to rip anyone off! I'm a guy who f&&*ed up, NOT a thief. I would like to come back here in good standing one day, though that doesn't seem possible. Hopefully I can pull that off somehow.

All I ask is that, for now, when you think of me don't think of me as a thief, but think of me as a moron who is doing what he can to fulfill what he promised.

Last edited:
Re: Sovereign Studio backlog, stuff

Thanks, guys.

Yeah, I get the "man up" thing. I'm not really a "sensitive" artist type; just easily derailed by negativity.

And I absolutely suck at communication, I know. I tend not to add updates unless I have something definite to give, and that's a TERRIBLE idea. Even when you're behind, just staying in the loop goes a long way.

On the plus side, my new scheduling and such is working out well. The ebay stuff has been going out consistently (since August) in 2-4 weeks. NOT perfect, but a hell of a lot better than the backlog. I guess I just needed help. it's nearly impossible to be a one-man show doing everything by myself. And I did that for a LONG time.

And I WILL drop in here, I'm gonna shoot for twice a week, even to just stay in the loop and have a presence. I've got a ways to go before I'm that reliable guy again,but right now I can at least be the guy that's working to correct mistakes.

Marc and I are sorting out the remainder of the backlog now. Something else I'm letting him do. I did have a tight schedule for it, blocked in by name/order on a calendar. It was targeted for completion at the end of November, I missed that obviously. Marc's schedule works really well for the ebay stuff, so I'm giving him the backlog, too.

Last edited:

(Posted this in another thread also)
HI everyone-
My name is Marc and I’m the guy that is the business end for Shawn- I am financially invested in the company and we work 50/50 on everything.

Now I have read over MANY of these posts (I don’t have the rest of the year to finish them but I get the point) and all of you have valid complaints.
As such it is clear that another explanation is in order: The facts are as follow:
Although he has help now prior to my arrival Shawn was a ONE MAN advertisement, sales, accounts administration, design, production and shipping company. Now regardless of what you think he does have a family and other responsibilities that do from time to time cause delays, malfunctions and all sorts of other issues and that’s why he and I restructured everything, at which point I bought in as his partner and now we are on the path to getting caught up.
I handle all the sales from eBay which fund his supplies, production ,shipping and design not to mention materials and other items for new designs and improvements.
Basically what I am saying is yes, deadlines were missed, people got bumped and jostled and we are very much aware of it- if you ask him he will tell you I ride him mercilessly about staying on schedual but if you check ANY successful company DEADLINES ARE MISSED FROM TIME TO TIME..
Now I am not making excuses here- I am stating facts.
Now as Shawn has stated he simply cannot spend HOURS poring thru emails and be expected to get anything accomplished- What I do for him is simple- I keep him on schedule and make sure he knows what’s due and when. That is why I am here..
I would like for everyone that has orders in with Shawn to contact me via PM or however you choose and list out for me what he owes you. I will make sure you get it.
NOTE: this does NOT mean you will be getting your items tomorrow. Again- my job is to make sure you get it and in the order in which it was received.
Include the following:
Item ordered
Date (Payment date would help too but isn’t necessary)
Shipping address

Now if you choose not to work with me then you will be gotten to when we can. Again and I can’t stress this enough: Shawn is ONE MAN. That’s why I am here. Do with that as you will
And of course if you need to speak to me I will be more than happy to communicate as you need.

Shawn has apologized profusely for this (and some of you understand) but believe me he is VERY much aware of how long this has taken – we will get this fixed..

Feel free to contact me and I will get your information and I will keep you updated as often as you’d like (within reason) and I assure you all: YOU WILL GET YOU ITEMS...
Now let's get back to the hobby we love, eh?

Thanks
Marc

Last edited by a moderator:

I really want a terminator tech noir jacket from e Bay. I am a bit scared now. Do i take the plunge or not?
I also want to comment on concerns regarding current (new) orders:
Shawn and I have both made you all aware of what is happening – there is no risk in placing new orders as the work schedule is in place and is working. However if you have any concerns that is why I am here- I communicate with Shawn constantly and as I said I keep him on track.
He has lots of orders that come in and prior to our set up he got over whelmed- again: he is NOT the first person to have tjis happen to- it’s called growing faster than your production capability.. It can be a good thing if handled properly because it ensures that he will be around and we can both assure you all that this will not be another Howes issue.

That said if you still have concerns feel free to contact me and I’ll work out something to show you that we are on the up and up. Sovereign Studio is growing- the productions are of museum quality and ONLY Sovereign Studio stands behind what is produced.
Feel free to contact me and like I said- we know people are PO’ed- you have a right to be. Now I’m here to make sure we ‘man up’.
Thanks
Foreverannoyed..

You must understand me but with those opinions expressed by members here I am more concerned.

It is also true that no one should make a joke or desire the death of anyone or believe that is an excuse without giving the benefit of the doubt. The most sacred for us is our own family and nobody should never joke about it, especially if there is no trust.

Marc, Ok, I will first wait to your shipping notice when the moment arrives. Remember, I need a the jacket to fit hot toys. ;)

You are on schedule and I will be sending you the tracking number as soon as it goes..

PLEASE do not hesitate to contact me if you have ANY questions..

Forever..

Just a quick update:

I have several Tracking numbers for backlogged items that went out yesterday..

I have to go thru everyone’s user names to find them (which is taking MUCH longer than I expected..) but as I do I will be PMing them to those people.. Also Shawn is putting in some additional time in an attempt to catch up even more than normal- things are progressing.

I do know a lot of people are very upset at Shawn and understandably so- things have taken quite a while to get to people that paid for them a long while ago but again we are working on that. I spoke with him again last night and we are VERY happy with all the positive responses we gotten from users here and the site mods. So if everyone could keep PM’ing I can continue to add to the spreadsheet I have put together and we can have better, quicker and more readily available information for anyone who asks for it.. Again it will take us about two weeks or so to get it sorted out and accurate (formulas and dates and such) but once it’s ready I will –to the best of my ability- update people as we proceed..

Again thanks for all the positive responses..

On the eBay thing- as Shawn explained, that is necessary to fund his current products and shipping things out.. While I do understand it seems odd to be selling new stuff while catching up to old stuff please bear with us- this will make the process much easier in the long run.. Up until two people decided to leave negative feedback in the last few days it was at 100% positive- that includes customer service and quality. The reason for the delay in both cases was the death in Shawn’s family- which was unavoidable. So please keep that in mind- out of over 200 responses you will have some negative from time to time and under the circumstances I can accept that.

I just want to say one last thing on these back and forths and then I have to let them go:
I have NOT nor will I PM any ‘argument’ or insulting messages. Please feel free to ask the MODs- all my PMs have been regarding establishing the list and thanking people for their support.

I have no idea what happened on here last night as I was actually working on the list but I woke up this morning with a hailstorm of VERY rough stuff waiting for me and I know who it came from.. Nothing I can do about it but I just wanted people to know..

Believe it or not I did not come here to argue –I really just wanted to defend Shawn as I know people are VERY angry so I felt it best to let people flame me since I am here.. Shawn has taken enough these last few weeks and I know that’s hard to understand when someone owes you something especially as long as he has but it is true. The fact is he is really a very honest and stand up guy.. But again- he dropped the ball on these orders and people are very angry so it’s to be expected that people will want to verbalize their frustrations. People are mad and have a right to be.

So again if you want to vent please do- it’s fine-I don’t really mind if we deserve it- but I just don’t want anyone thinking I am PM arguing or anything like that- again, Dave or any of the mods can certainly tell you that I have not done that at all..

I will say however that apparently I have recently been lied on or accused of something I did not do (I am still trying to put this together) and what I got this morning was incredible..Sad too.. I just came here to help people get their stuff. But there’s nothing to be done about it here.. It’s just amazing the lengths someone will go to in order to attack me over a closed situation..

So that’s it on that.. Hopefully we can just move forward and if there are any questions please feel free to let me know.

Again I would like to thank everyone who supports Shawn and reassure everyone that we will have this whole mess under control in short order so please bear with us a few more weeks..

Thanks

Would the following users pleas PM me so that I can give you your tracking number:

warrior038
JeffTVR
lord vicious
2000man
migwit
USCM Hicks

Eighthsamurai and uscmhicks I have already PM’ed your to you..

Thanks

Hi, a few months ago you were going to make tech noir jackets, i placed my name on the list of interested people but it all went quiet on the jackets, any chance of you making them available for sale now, that would be great if you could, THANKS

Just a reminder for everyone - this thread is for current customers with outstanding orders and general questions for Sovereign Studios.

Thanks for posting some great honest updates here Marc and Shawn! Just wondering if one of you could PM me with an update on the status of my jacket and whips set I paid for in December 2008.

Thanks. :duff

Mola Ram arrived today. Here are some quick pics:

DSCF7022.jpg

DSCF7023.jpg

DSCF7015.jpg

DSCF7013.jpg

DSCF7027.jpg

DSCF7026.jpg

DSCF7018.jpg

DSCF7019.jpg

Hi, a few months ago you were going to make tech noir jackets, i placed my name on the list of interested people but it all went quiet on the jackets, any chance of you making them available for sale now, that would be great if you could, THANKS

Not a problem- Please PM me for detals..
Thanks

Thanks for posting some great honest updates here Marc and Shawn! Just wondering if one of you could PM me with an update on the status of my jacket and whips set I paid for in December 2008.

Thanks. :duff

I PM'd you- I just need you to PM me your shipping information- I am really busting ass to get this right and in order for you guys and we really do apprecieate the support.

Thanks for your understanding..

looks like things are looking good again with good communication..

can i check on the status on
[1]keaton batman (i took over from 8th wonder)
[2]maximus

thanks!:chew

hey i was just curious to if you were still making the rubber arm sleeves that fit on a truetype. please pm me if you are still making them as i would love to buy some

looks like things are looking good again with good communication..

can i check on the status on
[1]keaton batman (i took over from 8th wonder)
[2]maximus

thanks!:chew

The figures are in progress.. It will be a bit as they have to be built from scratch so please bear with us..
In teh meantime can you PM me your shipping info- I don't have it on my sheet..

Thanks

I posted this picture of my kitbashed Indy in the 1/6 Indy Customizations: Image Thread. I figured I would share it in this thread as well since I purchased the jacket, shirt, gun belt, holster, sidebag and whip many years ago from Shawn at Sovereign Studios. I was so pleased with the Indy jacket that I just purchased another one from him.
Alan
4258153302_cbf551edf1_b.jpg

Back