Best 1/6 JEDI LUKE sculpt/re-sculpt?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Indiana Fett

Making this up as I go...
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Now that we have the 1/6 Emperor and throne on the way, I'm wondering where to find the BEST 1/6 Jedi Luke sculpt/re-sculpt to replace the GARGANTUAN 'deer-in-headlights' SS 1/6 Jedi Luke sculpt.

I'm thinking of switching Luke's outfit to a slim TT and getting better boots, but he'll also definitely need a more appropriately scaled head.

I had contacted Paul Carson sometime back to see if he'd tackle one, and he said it could be an eventual undertaking. Just wondering if anyone else has any good suggestions, or if we should try to get a commission of sorts going (Trevor, maybe you'd like to re-scale your brilliant 1/4 sculpt for us! :naughty)

I'd be interested! Getting Jedi Luke up to the current standard is going to be a pretty hot topic going forward... for sure.

indeed. Especially now that we're all so keen on the eventual 1/6 diorama display of Emperor and throne, Jedi Luke and ROTJ Vader...

Let's see what we can accomplish together here gang!

:duff

Contacting Trev MIGHT be a good idea, no idea if he can legaly do star wars sculpts on comission, however.

I do know that he wouldn't be able to re-scale his 1/4 sculpt, as it's now legally property of Sideshow, and that would cost him his job.

It would need to be an entirely NEW sculpt.
gonna send Trevolver a link to this thread.

Hey all!

lerath666 let me know about your goal of getting a new 1/6 scale Jedi Luke portrait. While it'd be very cool, I cannot be part of the project. Working on characters associated with Sideshow's licenses that aren't officially overlooked and approved by a licensor is a big no-no, and would reflect poorly on Sideshow if I did it. But I do hope you guys can find someone to do up the portrait!

Thanks for considering me!
Trev

Hey all!

lerath666 let me know about your goal of getting a new 1/6 scale Jedi Luke portrait. While it'd be very cool, I cannot be part of the project. Working on characters associated with Sideshow's licenses that aren't officially overlooked and approved by a licensor is a big no-no, and would reflect poorly on Sideshow if I did it. But I do hope you guys can find someone to do up the portrait!

Trev

Thanks for letting us know Trev. Totally understood! Guess you'll just have to use that time we might have stolen from you for our 1/6 Luke head commission to work on the rest of the Firefly crew! :lol

:banana

I've haven't been impressed with any other Jedi Lukes sculpts and the repaints of Sideshows haven't looked better.

Hey all!

Trev

Totally understood Trev, we definitely wouldn't want you to do anything that would jeopardize your work with SSC or the company's relationship with LFL.

On a totally unrelated note would you at all be interested in sculpting a 1/6 scale portrait of this guy we'll call, uh, "Flannel Pete," but with, say, a slightly more determined expression?

draft_lens7434832module61812182photo_1254936957Mark_Hamill.jpg

:monkey3

unfortunately i've never seen any decent sculpt of luke what-so-ever. the sideshow jedi version is still the closest for me (and the only one i will ever buy) until something better comes along i guess. he must be a difficult likeness to capture.

Back