Kenner 1/6 Speeder Bike and Scout weathering

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Apone

Super Freak
Reaction score
So I got this off someone on craiglist pretty cheap and in the box...thought I would weather them up a bit...I actually am pretty pleased with the peice as a whole, Kenner did a nice job on this..I just had to help it along a bit.. let me know what you think.
IMG_0449.jpg

IMG_0447.jpg

IMG_0445.jpg

IMG_0443.jpg

IMG_0435.jpg

Really nice! The original looked good but the monotone made it look very plasticy. The boot dirt is a very nice touch. Did you use any metallic bronze anywhere?

Really nice! The original looked good but the monotone made it look very plasticy. The boot dirt is a very nice touch. Did you use any metallic bronze anywhere?

No bronze...i had a silver metallic base that I used with a midnight black and a few greys for some areas...the kick stand and foot pedals were painted with dirt colors as well as his boots. Also coasted all metal looking parts with metallic paints..there are alot of subtle additions that you might not see in the pics

Yes, Kenner made some very nice accessory items. Add some detailed finishing paint and the items can look quite realistic. This is exactly why I wish Sideshow would stop their polystone addiction and produce their accessory sets in good old ABS plastic. They would weigh less, be easier to ship, less worry about breakage, and can be sold for a whole lot less as well.

Great job on this nice speederbike. Looks really great! :rock I have it and I like it, though I'd like it weathered as well, too bad I'm not skilled to such things alas...:eek:

Great job Jackpot, really love it. Its quite odd we have both done similar things, with your droids and speeder.

Hi Jackpot, I have not posted the pics but as soon as I get chance I will. I will also take some more pics of the kenner droids to.

:)

Great job on this nice speederbike. Looks really great! :rock I have it and I like it, though I'd like it weathered as well, too bad I'm not skilled to such things alas...:eek:

JKno, man you must give it a go, loads of folks will give you help and advice. :)

Kenner never made a Gonk right? I saw your build up of one...id love to say I could do it but im not sure I could.

Back