1/6th R2-Q5 Imperial Astromech Droid

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dorgmal Snow

Super Freak
Reaction score
Well as you guys know, I do likes me droids. Been meaning have a bash at this chap for a while.

Only really just stared and need to paint up the copper areas but I know how important it is to show the stages.
Hope u like it jkno!!

R2-Q5-1.jpg

Basic R2 unit, I have already doone the wires at the bottom. But I will remove them and undercoat the whole thing.

R2-Q5-2.jpg

Next was to paint the unit up black.

R2-Q5-4.jpg

Then paint on all the silver detail. After that I have got to paint up the bronze bits. Then I think he will need a jolly good buffing up.

Dorgmal

Well as you guys know, I do likes me droids. Been meaning have a bash at this chap for a while.

Hope u like it jkno!!

Dorgmal

It is so awesome!!! :rock :rock Can't wait to see it finished.

My girlfriend won't let me sacrifice my 12" Hasbro R2 -D2 to transform it into a R2-Q5 Imperial astromech.:eek: As soon as I find a spare one I'll let you know - or if you get one please let me know as well. ;)

Sod sleep! I could not stop my self from having a quick polish of the R2 Unit. Then I had to take a few shots. I think its gonna come up just fine. Must get some bronze paint tomorrow!!
Dorgmal

R2-Q5-5.jpg

R2-Q5-6.jpg

R2-Q5-7.jpg

R2-Q5-8.jpg

Awesome stuff, Dorgmal... as always. Looking forward to the final product.... Also, I thought you were going to do one of those R2 units with the pointy heads? An R4 unit, I think.

Cheers chaps, yep already started the R4 Unit The thread is called 1/6th R4 Astromech.

I have managed to get another R2 unit so if any one wants be to knock up another R2-Q5 Imperial Astromech Droid let me know.

Got a little more work to do on him but I am busy for the rest of the week :(

Dorgmal

Looks great mate!

Did you disassemble him to paint him?
if so, How?
I can't see an easy way into my R2...

Cheers,
Doug

Cheers chaps, yep already started the R4 Unit The thread is called 1/6th R4 Astromech.

I have managed to get another R2 unit so if any one wants be to knock up another R2-Q5 Imperial Astromech Droid let me know.

Got a little more work to do on him but I am busy for the rest of the week :(

Dorgmal

I'd be interested in a R2-Q5 custom my friend. Please pm me with info, costs and everything :)

That is awesome Dorgmal. I never thought of doing that, but my painting skills are a bit lacking anyway. Great job on this one. I've wanted an Imperial Astromech and a Mouse Droid, for a while, so I may take a crack at it. Luckily, there is not a lot of paint detail on the Imperial version.

That is awesome Dorgmal. I never thought of doing that, but my painting skills are a bit lacking anyway. Great job on this one. I've wanted an Imperial Astromech and a Mouse Droid, for a while, so I may take a crack at it. Luckily, there is not a lot of paint detail on the Imperial version.

DO IT!! have a go. Give the whole thing a rub with some wire wool, get some car primmer spray it from a distance, take your time. then spay him black pop on ya detail and ya done. I expect to see pics on the forum by this time next week or I will send the stormtrooper in!!!!

Dorgmal

Back