Endoskeleton...repaint

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

r5150s

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi all..I know that this is a Sideshow Collectible forum and I've been hunting for a HT endo for quite some time now but I haven't found one yet. Right now, I have to settle for a Neca endo which is not really a bad figure...has a lot of potential. I'm more of a model builder than collecting ready made toys but this forum got me hooked :lol..I just pre ordered the Predator 1 and "Dutch"...anyways I have a pic here of my repainted/modified Neca endo.

Hope you enjoy the pics..!

DSC07841.jpg

DSC07811.jpg

DSC07835.jpg

Nice repaint. Actually looks like chrome now. What did you use?

I used Alclad II Chrome and gloss black for the base...I modified the hip joint and the way the the two front leg pistons were modified too to look the HT version..

is that how you do it oneye? I have two of these and wouldn't mind kickin one up a notch...:lol

Me, I can't airbrush. It's what I would use though. I've seen the results it gives and like the pictures show, impressive. I need to do the handlebars of Arnold's bike with it. I'm also not sure how the paint reacts to the soft, rubber like cables. I know the plastic is fine with it.

very nice, for a second there i thought it was the 1:1 scale from Sideshow. Very good job.

Just because it may be of interest, I saved this picture of a disassembled Neca from somewhere.

35lrp8p.jpg

I used Alclad II Chrome and gloss black for the base...I modified the hip joint and the way the the two front leg pistons were modified too to look the HT version..

Very nice. Did you use Alclad's base gloss black or some other brand of gloss black laquer/enamel?

Very nice. Did you use Alclad's base gloss black or some other brand of gloss black laquer/enamel?

i used Alclad gloss black but i guess you can use any other laquer/enamel too..i tried a spray can gloss black on a spare hand that it came with and it works fine...but decided to use the Alclad cause I never really wanted to mix paint brands...I'm used to using Tamiya Acrylics and tried it too but never liked the end results...

the Alclad chrome/gloss black combo yields the best result..

Rob

Back