Terminator Minimates

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is this some kind of "advanced" Lego? Kinda looks like Lego if you ask me ^^
Pretty much. They are "block" figures, they are 2 inches tall, and they even have LEGO pegs on their feet. The main differences between LEGO and Minimates are: 1) size (Minimates are slightly larger); 2) detail (Minimates have much more detail and variability, though they still maintain the "simple" look); and 3) articulation. The average LEGO has about 5 points of articulation (neck, X2 shoulder, X2 thigh), I think. The average Minimate has, I believe, 14 (neck, 2X shoulder, 2X elbow, 2X wrist, waist, 2X thigh, 2X knee, and 2X ankle). Minimates also have some great licenses that LEGO doesn't, though the block figure with the best licenses is, by far, Medicom's Kubricks--which are more like LEGOs in terms of articulation, but have detail similar to Minimates.

Yeah, I like those. I'll pick them up for sure.

Only problem with small figures like that is that I have problems displaying them. Sounds counter-intuitive, I know, but it's true.

Yeah, I like those. I'll pick them up for sure.

Only problem with small figures like that is that I have problems displaying them. Sounds counter-intuitive, I know, but it's true.
I have found a nice way to display my Minimates using LEGO stands and blocks:

collection.jpg

Kubricks are a bit tougher to deal with, unless you have some ridiculously expensive cases that Medicom released a while back.

Nice collection. I'm especially envious of your Sentinel and Galactus; I haven't been able to justify their expense yet. I wonder if one could manage to add articulation with sme creft Dremel work. They are polystone, yes?

I <3 my Minimates and want to get mine out on display... I'm bummed that Trek and Galactica have been put on hold. The Terminator 'mates are looking pretty sweet.

Despite their being little interest in these beautiful bastards here, I'm gonna post pics, anyway! :banana

DSCN1027.jpg

DSCN1029.jpg

DSCN1030.jpg

DSCN1031.jpg

DSCN1034.jpg

DSCN1035.jpg

Not a fan of how they handled the Endoskeleton, but loving everything else (T1 Terminator has 2 hairpieces--one with sunglasses, one without; and T-1000 comes with the extra "exploding" torso and head). These are now available at Toys R Us in the section with the Salvation toys.

Man, no love for these guys here.

A week or two ago, when the T2 minimates showed up at TRU, I picked up two of the Battle Damaged T-800 & the T-1000 pack (I want to display both the "Pretzel Man" and "Doughnut head" figures), two of the 1984 Flashback T-800 and Endoskeleton pack (same with the above pack, I see the Terminator with the exposed eye and the one with the sunglasses as seperate figures, so I'll display them as such), and finally the TRU exclusive Assult Gear T-800 and the Swat Officer. My favorite has got to be the 1984 Flashback T-800. Love that Police Shootout scene in the first film. Plus it's one of the most iconic appearances and villians in movie history, now in minimate form.

So I've been caught up there.
Unfortunately I don't have a LCS near me, so I don't know how I'm going to obtain the single General John Connor and Biker Cop Liquid Metal T-1000. I'm not interested in the Endos especially the silly battle damaged and half man versions.

Can't wait for the Biker "Uncle Bob" T-800 and Kyle Reese, should be hitting any week now. Also good to see that TRU is getting more sets such as John, Sarah, the new smoke grenade "Uncle Bob", Biker Cop T-1000, and hopefully the liquid metal cop T-1000.

That just leaves a few more sets and the SDCC Cyberdyne exclusive. It's going to be sweet owning other characters such as Dyson, Sarah, John, Silberman and Kyle instead of all these Terminator variants. Though I can't get enough of the T-1000. I'll buy every version of him.

Got a camera and decided to take some pics. First pictures I've ever taken.

Picture_0847.jpg

Picture_0855.jpg

Picture_0866.jpg

Picture_0875.jpg

Picture_0887.jpg

Right now I'm current on all of them.

All that's left now is the following.

- Cyberdyne Systems Scorched Endo, "Uncle Bob", Swat Sarah, & Dyson (July SDCC)

zzminimates.jpg

- T-1000 (Biker Cop) and BD Sarah Connor (TRU Preorder TBA)

Zminimate_2.jpg

- Another BD T-800 (?) and John Connor (TRU Preorder TBA)

zminimate3.jpg

- Liquid Metal T-1000 (TRU TBA)

Zminimate_1.jpg

- Dr. Silberman (TBA)

zzzsilberman.jpg

- Pescadero Sarah Connor (TBA)

zzzsarah.jpg

- "Regular" T-1000 (TBA)

zzzt1000.jpg

- BD T-800 without translucent "steel" legs (TBA)

zzzt800.jpg

- Split Head T-1000 (TBA)

zzzsplitheadt1000.jpg

- Cyberdyne Smoke Grenade Gun "Uncle Bob" (TBA Unknown)

zzminimae.jpg

Back