Sovereign Studio: all outstanding orders coming soon!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SovereignStudio

Super Freak
Reaction score
Just want to fill you guys in on the plan. I've been detailing it in my recent posts, but I want this out there where it won't be missed.

All outstanding orders will be complete and shipped by the end of December. It might spill into week one of January, but I'm pushing to avoid that! I'm taking a limited number of payments for Scarecrow kits and Maximus figures to help me get through December, and those will ship mid January. At that time I will resume with both lists, as well as the list for the 20th anniversary Keaton Batman figures. I will alternate between the lists, 3-5 orders at a time to keep things manageable. I want to get back to being the "machine" you guys used to know. :whip

I've been doing this stuff for a living for nearly eight years, perpetually behind schedule. First due to a new baby, then due to the need to constantly develope new stuff to build a catalogue. In the beginning I had only two figures to offer, and you can't get by forever with two figures. And then there are those that you spend time to develope and they just never take off. Those really set you back. Designing/making new stuff eats a ton of time, not to mention my anal tendency to halt in the middle of something because a saw a way to make it even better. I'm sick of being behind all the time, and I'm sure clients are, too.

I'm done with that, for a long while at least. I've got a lot of solid characters to lean on now and the upgrades to the figures that have haunted me are done. It will be several months before I venture into any new projects. I've got a few planned, I just won't be burning time to pursue them any time soon.

So, December will be catch-up month for Batman, Newt, The Crow and Mola Ram. I can then go into '09 with very small, manageable workload. Thanks for hanging in there with me, and always supporting me and keeping me inspired.
Cheers,
Shawn

I've been doing this stuff for a living for nearly eight years,
If I had known you were a novice, I never would have bought any figures from you at all. :lol
Thanks for hanging in there with me, and always supporting me and keeping me inspired.
Cheers,
Shawn
You are the inspiration, that meets with our imagination, and brings killer kustoms to our shelves. :bow Thank you Shawn.

hi shawn, if possible i would prefer my mola ram posted after xmas and not during incase it gets lot in the xmas post. if you are able to post it before the last posting date then thats great :)

EDIT:
you are doing a fantastic job mate, your customs are without doubt some of the best i have ever seen, shoup bought quality!!! cant wait for mola ram and to have him on my shelf next to all the other figures

take care :)

Last edited:
Yeah, good point guys. I'll be making everything through December, so all the shipping will probably be done in the first part of January, anyway. I HATE losing stuff in the mail. It's bad enough for retail shops and such, but for something that has to be hand-made over again...... I really hate losing stuff :lol

Hey Shawn,

"SovereignStudio has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space."

That`s why I answer here:

Hey Shawn,
great ! :joy
Happy to be aboard....
Consider me 100% reliable on that - despite my low postcount around here.
Cheers,

Marco

Moving right along, guys! Four Newts and the last three Crows will be going out this week. Casting Batman figures all this week, too. Those will start going out late this week, early next week. The Mola Ram figures are running a bit behind, as I've been putting a lot of work into upgrading that guy.

OK, an update....
Rolling along smoothly! Not quite as smooth as I'd hoped (epic latex supply problem) but rolling smoothly all the same. Three Crows and four Newts ready to roll. I will be contacting people via PM tonight for shipping info.

KEATON BATMAN figures.... putting those together now, will have at least 3 of the 7 outstanding shipping next week. I really wanted these done by now, but poor Batman was the primary victim of the latex problem. And I did a quick rework on the Keaton head to make him look more brooding and less surprised. The b/w pics are the reworked head, color is the original.

progress1.jpg

progress2.jpg

keatonrework.jpg

keaton3-1.jpg

MOLA RAM..... shaping up VERY nicely!! Obviously these are running behind, as I used the time I would have been building them to heavily redesign him. Here's an update pic. The head dress will still be removable. Ignore those brown bits between his face and the skull's jawbone. Those are there to make the mold easier and will be shaved away on the final piece. And the shrunken head will have real hair, as with the old version.

newmolaram2.jpg

newmolaram.jpg

molaramfinal1.jpg

molaramfinal2.jpg

molaram4.jpg

Very nice to hear the updates and those pics look great. Look forward to see the New Batman figs. Thanks Shawn.

Back