Repainted Frodo PF, thought I would share...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DarkArtist81

Super Freak
Reaction score
I have wanted to repaint this one for a while and also since it was my first PF repaint I thought I would share it with you guys...

DSCN3327.jpg

DSCN3328.jpg

DSCN3329.jpg

DSCN3330.jpg

DSCN3331.jpg

DSCN3332.jpg

DSCN3333.jpg

Looks great! What were the challanges when painting a PF when compared to a regular figure? I've always wanted to know what the main differences are.

That is some fine work, Josh! I'm excited for you, painting PFs now. My only suggestion is to use a dark purplish red or even a very dark shade of whatever you are using for the lips for the inside of the mouth. The dark brown gives it a strange look, like he's got chaw in his mouth.

You got the rest perfectly. The eyes are wonderful!

Looks great! What were the challanges when painting a PF when compared to a regular figure? I've always wanted to know what the main differences are.

Thanks guys! And to answer your question.. The material is different so it takes the paint differently. You don't get quite the same effects, I guess polystone is a slightly less porous substance than vinyl or plastic so it is more apt to show paint lines and such.

And the size difference is always fun, better eye details and skin work. Really gets more interesting the bigger the scale. :rock

That is some fine work, Josh! I'm excited for you, painting PFs now. My only suggestion is to use a dark purplish red or even a very dark shade of whatever you are using for the lips for the inside of the mouth. The dark brown gives it a strange look, like he's got chaw in his mouth.

You got the rest perfectly. The eyes are wonderful!

Thanks Mikey... I might retouch up the mouth.. That inner mouth situation was tough to get right, the color is really a purpleish red, but really dark... I think I will have to get it a little lighter to really make it work.

Look really good (except for the inner mouth issue that's already been discussed), but I am having trouble understanding the purpose of that last image (the Easterling foot). What's up with that? Or is it just some bizarre cache issue on some server somewhere that is making me see that pic?

Josh, that looks amazing. You can certainly tell that the sculpt is there but the paint really held this PF back. How much for a repainted head :monkey3

Look really good (except for the inner mouth issue that's already been discussed), but I am having trouble understanding the purpose of that last image (the Easterling foot). What's up with that? Or is it just some bizarre cache issue on some server somewhere that is making me see that pic?

Thanks! The Easterling foot pic got in there by accident. It had fallen and broken off, so I resculpted the foot and painted it to match. It was a challenge, especially since that foot was the one that was bearing the weight and attaching to the peg on the base.... but I think I pulled it off.

And Loki... Yeah man.. pop me a PM. I would love to do more! :rock

Woo Hoo! My Frodo should be on his way to Josh tomorrow for the repaint.

:chew

That Frodo repaint sucks balls DA. What moron would be foolish enough to send that to you?:monkey5

Good. He deserves that piece of **** for being an evil soul sucking scalping sob.:lol

:mwaha:mwaha:mwaha:mwaha

You kill me dude.... Hey, hoping to get done with Gollum today. So hopefully I can get this stuff out to you soon. Was on a roll yesterday, damn near finished half of the stuff on my desk! :rock

I will be a shipping fool next week. Hopefully at least half of my workload.

Back