Asmus Toys Ace Ventura Pet Detective

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pre ordered day one. Asmus told me plan A was to release the whole package at once(both heads). Plan B is to ship the original figure, then ship the second head later.

Not sure why the long delay other than providing a second headsculpt.
I realize things take time, but it has been delayed a few times.

The email I got this morning just said they've updated their shipping time on te web site o the end of January. So I'm guessing the whole figure with both heads will be released then? I'd still like to find the first Ace figure they released at a decent price. Can't believe I missed out on that one!

The whole figure at once will be better for us and them(shipping, etc.).

That old Ace figure goes for crazy $$.

I had the original for a while sadly at the time I needed the money I sold it for well over a £800!

I also was freed a crazy amount for the mask but he won't ever leave unless MG does a Mask aha! As,us told me they asked the factory to ship orders.

The sculpt is a bit weird compared to the first version IMO.
Which I have, but had no idea it is worth anything!

:lol

I have this on PO and am very excited for it. I have their Mask figure and I like it a lot. I missed out on the first Ace but this one isn't too bad and is a lot cheaper.

Wow I didn't know they made a new one. I remember seeing images of their original one. I'm glad Asmus Toys took off. They have a lot of cool stuff.

Wasn't the first version around $300 or something?? Back when $300 was considered ridiculous money to spend on a figure. I think they only made 20 or so.

I've had this pre-ordered for a while. It'll be my first Asmus figure (if he gets out before Gandalf, which at this rate...)

The new head is goofy in a good way. It IS Jim, and it IS Ace, so it's good enough for me. Also ordered the extra set of clothes, too.

Yup it was $250 when the average HT was $150.

They only made like 100 or so. It was a massed produced custom basically.

I'm very tempted to pick this up. I had the first version but sold it and regret it. I don't care much for this newer headsculpt though, the old one was so perfect. Still, probably won't get another chance at an Ace.

The first sculpt for this new one looks nothing like him, but the second bonus sculpt is spot on.

Back