The Official STAR WARS Character Spin-Off Movies Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IrishJedi

Super Freak
Reaction score
Well, now that it's official I figured we'd have a thread separate from the EPISODE VII specific thread.

https://starwars.com/news/new-spinoff-films-set-to-expand-the-star-wars-galaxy.html

NEW SPINOFF FILMS SET TO EXPAND THE STAR WARS GALAXY

February 05, 2013

The Star Wars cinematic galaxy is about to experience a Big Bang. Lucasfilm is officially announcing new spinoff films that will expand the mythos and depths of the Star Wars universe in previously unexplored ways.

One of the standalone films will be written by Lawrence Kasdan, screenwriter of The Empire Strikes Back, Raiders of the Lost Ark, and co-writer of Return of the Jedi while the other will be penned by Simon Kinberg, writer of Sherlock Holmes and Mr. and Mrs. Smith. The movies will be separate from the upcoming Episodes VII, VIII, and IX, on which Kasdan and Kinberg are also consulting, and are expected to be released sometime after Episode VII. Each standalone film will focus on a specific character, and two spinoff films are currently confirmed.

In a call to investors, Bob Iger, chairman and CEO of The Walt Disney Company, revealed while the original focus was on the highly-anticipated sequel trilogy, the idea of spinoff films was bandied about early and the additional films are now becoming a reality. "We are in development of a few standalone films," he said, "that are not part of the Star Wars saga...there are now creative entities working on developing scripts for what would be those standalone films."

Stay tuned to StarWars.com as more exciting developments unfold.

So, 2 films to start each on a specific character. I'd say Fett & Yoda.

Hrmm.

God, please no Sonic The Hedgehog Yoda. :(

I'm more excited about the possibilities some "stand alone" movies could offer than the Abrams-directed "Episode VII"...

I like the idea that they don't have to focus on the "saga" or "main characters"....it'll be interesting to see what Kas comes up with...

Definitely gonna be one film on this guy:

Star-Wars-Cantina-Commercial-Mask-22_1.jpg

And everyone's favorite:

bibfortuna.gif

Unfortunately, both films will concentrate on their lives before the original trilogies when they were department store managers.

This would work:

New Darth Maul Novel Announced

Posted By Eric on January 24, 2013

io9 got the exclusive reveal of a new Star Wars novel from Joe Schreiber called Star Wars: Maul: Lockdown. Here's the synopsis from their article:

From the mind of Joe Schreiber, New York Times bestselling author of Star Wars: Death Troopers, comes the delirious follow-up to last year's Darth Plagueis. In a tale of retribution and survival set before the events of The Phantom Menace, Darth Plagueis and Darth Sidious dispatch Sith apprentice Darth Maul on a secret mission to infiltrate a criminal empire operating from inside Cog Hive Seven-a hidden prison teeming with the galaxy's most savage criminals. There, he must contend against the scummiest and most villainous in gladiatorial death matches while carrying out his masters' clandestine commands. Failure is not an option; success will ignite the revenge of the Sith against the Jedi Order.

Check out the cover art by clicking the thumbnail above. Maul: Lockdown is set for release "at the end of 2013."

BOBA-FETT-NO-DISINTEGRATIONS_large.jpg

The only one who deserves a movie.

He gets bounty's. Every story in his series can stand alone. We don't have to have an origin story. We could even have a tie in for Episode 8.

:pray:

Please Disney...please!

A romantic comedy centering around a love triangle between Max Rebo, Droopy McCool, and Sy Snootles. Send the check to Boba Ben, Disney. You're welcome.

BOBA-FETT-NO-DISINTEGRATIONS_large.jpg

The only one who deserves a movie.

He gets bounty's. Every story in his series can stand alone. We don't have to have an origin story. We could even have a tie in for Episode 8.

:pray:

Please Disney...please!

I'd tie him in Rodriguez's Predaturds planet and kill everyone and everything there, including the pianist with a shotgun fellow.

Darth Plagueis and Darth Sidious dispatch Sith apprentice Darth Maul...

"Always two there are..." ... Except in the EU, because it's almost always a bunch of silly, contrived nonsense.

Honesty, I'd be down for just about any character getting a spin-off. I'd love to see more of well-known characters, like Palpatine, Boba Fett, Jabba the Hutt, Darth Maul, and Obi-Wan Kenobi, or of less-recognizable characters like Shaak Ti, Bossk, Aurra Sing, Zuckuss and 4-LOM.

Origin movies suck. Mystery is what makes Maul or Yoda interesting.
Normally I'd agree but my thirst for more on-screen Maul outweighs the idea of an origin story removing most of his mysterious presence. I just need to see him in the theater again, kicking *** with his double-bladed saber.

It doesn't really have to be an origin story either. There's tons of ideas they could come up with that would keep his earlier life shrouded in mystery.

non stop action from start to finish. one way of ending that rodriguez movie and starting the best movie of all time with a BANG.

Yeah, Maul is one of the characters who really has no mystique to destroy. Hell, it can't be any worse than the crap they did with him in the Clone Wars.

Back