Vader Helmet Mod Tutorial

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pixletwin

Malalaking Gagamba
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Feel free to be snarky and post a link to a thread (if there ever was one) on how to do the helmet mod on the SSC Vader. Or post here how you accomplished yours.

:wave

Did you find the height mod thread I recommended? I think the helmet mod is also in there somewhere.

Well here's mine... this is what the inside of the helmet looks like after you remove some of the inner supports.

I used a carving tool and a dremmel to just remove a bit at a time, then test the fit and remove a bit more, etc. etc. until I got it to a height and angle I liked. I imagine if you took off too much you could always just put some blue tac underneath and nobody would know the difference :lol

I did keep the part of the inner structure that plugs into Vader's head, I think some may have removed that part. It does look like I shortened it a bit (although I don't remember why).

2A2FAE78-9DDB-49D8-8246-C14EBC081876-9402-0000093D77B8348D.jpg

yea the way gb did it is the best way & a dremmel is worth it's weight in gold for this........:)

I hear ya Barryo... dremmel is really an essential tool for the customizer. I use mine constantly... even found out it's good for household chores as well :lol :huh

Yeah. Cheap regular off ebay. No box, really dusty, and missing one hand (the right saber holding hand). :lol

I actually already have two from when Hurrican and I were planning on the Vader/Luke head. But he gave me one of his instead so I still have them sitting around. :rock

I have an extra SSC Vader head too. So I'll mod them both and see which one I like best.

here's a few i did a while back...........although at the time i didn't get the hasbro dome as centered as i would have liked. it was just a quick swap.
SSC on left...................................................................Hasbro on right
vdrss1.jpg
vdrhas1.jpg

vdrss2.jpg
vdrhas2.jpg

vdrss3.jpg
vdrhas3.jpg

Last edited:
yes, forgot to post that & you are welcome.

since those pics i put some blue tack under the hasbro dome & re-adjusted it..........looks better now.

Back