New Diorama/Environment Revealed Pics updated 30/10/11

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The_One

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Further to my poll, we have set out designing................................

A CHRYSLER EAGLE GARGOYLE!

We have taken this step as we cant agree on what a Batman Gargoyle should look like.
We will probably get onto that one day but for now, this will make do!

The designs are now being set out and progress photos will be shown as we go.

The scale has been reduced slightly as the ratios would just be far too big and may put a lot of collectors off trying to display such a massive piece.

Full spec to follow............ Man I am so excited!! :clap :yess:

Last edited:
Re: New Diorama/Environment Revealed

:thud: After the last thread I thought this idea was scrapped in favor of a BB gargoyle, this is just awesome news. :clap

I know, it got a little confusing but we have quickly learned that scales and detail is everything. As this is the first, it has slightly less intricacy as something from the films. We wanted to be precise in detailing but couldn't justify producing this to true scale.

We also wanted to concentrate on movie accuracy rather than generic but hey, we cant run before we can walk.

This is our starting point and we will tackle the other issues in due course but for the time being, watch this space!!!!! :panic:

Very cool man and i'm so in :rock

The problem with making a Begins version is that there doesn't seem to be a single clear pic of what it looks like!! :lol

But a Chrystler Gargoyle would do nicely
Any early indications of dimensions?

Very cool man and i'm so in :rock

The problem with making a Begins version is that there doesn't seem to be a single clear pic of what it looks like!! :lol

But a Chrystler Gargoyle would do nicely
Any early indications of dimensions?

Feckin Big :lol

seriously though, I'll find out and let you know mate

Last edited:

Now this might be a delusional idea, but have you thought about incorporating a slot for a stand in the gargoyle? Like a slot where you can insert a Hot Toys stand (only the vertical "pole" with grip of course, not the circular base). Perhaps it could even include a small piece that covers up the slot when not in use? That way you could display the gargoyle by itself, but you also stand a figure on top without the fear of it falling down.

No idea if this is feasible, both from a design and a monetary standpoint, I just thought I'd throw it out there. :peace I really want this piece to stay affordable for me though, so perhaps it's not the best idea. :lol

Stoked! Any idea of a ballpark price-range?

Now this might be a delusional idea, but have you thought about incorporating a slot for a stand in the gargoyle? Like a slot where you can insert a Hot Toys stand (only the vertical "pole" with grip of course, not the circular base). Perhaps it could even include a small piece that covers up the slot when not in use? That way you could display the gargoyle by itself, but you also stand a figure on top without the fear of it falling down.

No idea if this is feasible, both from a design and a monetary standpoint, I just thought I'd throw it out there. :peace I really want this piece to stay affordable for me though, so perhaps it's not the best idea. :lol

Are you talking standard stand or the stand like Iron man 4, Tony stark etc?

Are you talking standard stand or the stand like Iron man 4, Tony stark etc?

I meant a standard stand, although a stand like Iron Man's would make it a lot easier of course, since you'd just need a circular hole in the right size.
Problem with those is that they're harder to come by though, and they work better for figures in a flying position, since they are too large to conceal behind a standing figure (and not feasible for a caped figure like Batman, which will probably be the option many, including me, are going for). I also personally prefer the "grip under crotch" stands over the "grip around waist" ones, which would only be possible with standard stands. Your mileage may vary though.

Just want to confirm that this will have the stick in stand part that you get with the hot toys.
Size wise will be as close to 1/6 as possible without going over the top. It will not be a 3 foot gargoyle, hoping to get it to look big without it being big! so it will fit in display cabinets etc.
I'll speak some more with The One and the designer and the one will post more.

Just want to confirm that this will have the stick in stand part that you get with the hot toys.
Size wise will be as close to 1/6 as possible without going over the top. It will not be a 3 foot gargoyle, hoping to get it to look big without it being big! so it will fit in display cabinets etc.
I'll speak some more with The One and the designer and the one will post more.

Thank you N.
Guys, this is a fellow freak who is part of the design team.
He has been a long time lurker but finally joined!

Cheers :duff

Last edited:

Ok,

Here is the Eagle itself;

gargoyle3.jpg

Next, the drawing plans:

gargoyle2k.jpg

The start of the sculpt!!

gargoyle1.jpg

More to follow soon :clap

Currently being made out of dacs, this is the first prototype so will see how it goes. Hope you guys are excited as I am!!

Back