Modification/Customization for the DX12 Batman Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is a difference. Some parts aren't painted with quite the precision as the legit sculpt, most noticeably the hair and the opening of the mouth.

Recast on the left, legit on the right.
IMG_6989s_zps01514fa3.png

IMG_6986_zps322813ef.png

Damn, that recast is actually very good. I'm really surprised with the quality :horror

Same here. In fact I had to hold both the KO and legit BW head to see the differences.

Actually, having both, I really prefer the headplay over the legit. It looks more BW to me. I even put my legit back in the box and the HP on my custom Wayne!:)

So I finally sculpted new eyelids. Haven't painted it yet, waiting for it to dry and harden. I won't know if I succeeded or not...but so far, it wasn't as bad as I thought it'd be....by that I mean difficulty. It's still tough of course. With that being said, I have to give extra kudos to those that sculpt for a living. Doing what they do, especially when there's so much detail and amazing likeness, is just amazing.

Anyway, when I finish, I'll post pics.

I just bought this guy as my first 1/6 in years and I'm already planning out the mods! This looks to be a fun project!

image-1_zpsb1691c93.jpg

image-1_zps456335c7.jpg

image-1_zps6edc11ce.jpg

Sorry for the crappy iPad pics, but here it is. I have to say, it came out much better then I thought it would. Especially since this is my first time sculpting anything.

I basically studied the eye structure from the BW sculpt and wanted to replicate the shape of his eyes. Stock eyes look fine, in fact, it's more expressive. But it's limiting because its best used when he's pissed, focused, or fighting bane. If you want him calm, self reflecting, deep in thought or searing with anger, it's only possible with smaller eyes or, as some prefer, squint.

Admittedly I was terrified that I would screw up and bought a third head, for fear of screwing up one of my 2 dx12s. I didn't go full out with the squint and decided to make it more subtle, focusing on just making his eyes a tad smaller. I am satisfied with the end result, and surprised at a successful first attempt, considering how I've screwed up a few things in the past when I tried to do mods to other figures.

I am thrilled to have another expression to pose with.

Remember folks, those that haven't done anything to your figures eyes, don't fret, it still looks great. I personally just wanted more versatility. It's exactly like the dx06 sparrow. But with even more variety due to swappable mouth plates and now in my case, an extra head with smaller eyes.

Oh, so that's where it is, thanks. I was looking in this forum for the thread, thought I missed the run again.

Last edited:
Hey BrooklynWolf, did you remove the pers plate from the cowl to sculpt the lids? Nice job from what I can see from the iPad photos.

Hey BrooklynWolf, did you remove the pers plate from the cowl to sculpt the lids? Nice job from what I can see from the iPad photos.

Yup. I was glad I did, cause there was no way in hell I would be able to sculpt the eye lids. Especially since the epoxy left a little residue, I would have gotten the cowl all messed up, requiring even more tinkering. IMO it was a LOT easier sculpting on the pers plate. You just had more freedom and access to all angles. I don't know how the hell you guys did it within the cowl. Mad props.

Thanks for the comment. I'm quite happy with the result. Shat bricks of course :lol

Yup. I was glad I did, cause there was no way in hell I would be able to sculpt the eye lids. Especially since the epoxy left a little residue, I would have gotten the cowl all messed up, requiring even more tinkering. IMO it was a LOT easier sculpting on the pers plate. You just had more freedom and access to all angles. I don't know how the hell you guys did it within the cowl. Mad props.

Thanks for the comment. I'm quite happy with the result. Shat bricks of course :lol

Do the PERS still work? My fear was that they wouldn't work right if you removed everything from inside the cowl which is why I sculpted from the outside. And can I ask what type of paint you used? It blends with the cowl perfectly. Great job with this man :clap

Do the PERS still work? My fear was that they wouldn't work right if you removed everything from inside the cowl which is why I sculpted from the outside. And can I ask what type of paint you used? It blends with the cowl perfectly. Great job with this man :clap

Yup, of course it works. Just be calm as you try to dismantle it. The paint I used was tamiya flat black.

Thanks man. I appreciate it.

I'm going to be reposting stuff in order to create links on the first page. Please stand by... :)

If you wanna put the BW sculpt on the DX02:

1. Sand down a standard True Type neck adapter to be the circumference of the one that comes with the DX12

IMG_4247.jpg

2. Stick it on the BW sculpt.

IMG_4248.jpg

3. Slip on the neck sleeve (if you don't first sand down the adapter this will not be possible). As you can see, you can slide it up higher than the proto pics show.

IMG_4251.jpg

4. Stick it on the DX02

IMG_4256.jpg

Be advised that if you want the neck sleeve to fit this high, the head has to be bent forward. With his chin up you can see his neck at the bottom, which would require a lower neck sleeve placement.

I'll be posting some newer pics of the medi mouthpiece. I've upgraded my primer and my finish as well as some newer painting techniques so it's all been redone. I've also re-fitted it so it doesn't look so big like it used to. I'm going to be selling my medi mouthpiece however. just going to stick with the stock mouthpieces. I've grown to like them too much

I'll be posting some newer pics of the medi mouthpiece. I've upgraded my primer and my finish as well as some newer painting techniques so it's all been redone. I've also re-fitted it so it doesn't look so big like it used to. I'm going to be selling my medi mouthpiece however. just going to stick with the stock mouthpieces. I've grown to like them too much

Please pm me when you do so. Im very interested.

So you really are calling me a liar. Wow....

It's not about not liking the mod it's about simply not caring to try to fix something I don't see needing to be fixed. Why can't you just accept that. Look at some of the ppl in the DX12 thread that like the figure stock and don't see anything wrong with the way it is besides maybe the cape? :huh: they see something totally different than me and you and every other person. Same reason I haven't done the ankle mod either, don't see a need to.

I understand what you are saying. This stuff is subjective to an extent. But some things are objective. For example, when you look at the before and after shots of the shoulder shimming mod you can see that more of the ribs on the neck are visible before the mod:

Before1_zpse6cff5e0.jpg
After2_zps329d4d83.jpg

I'm not saying that this is objectively better, but it is objectively different. All I was ever saying was that I am sure you can see the difference.

To me, this neck mod makes the neck look more natural, and sanding the front and sides gives him a more natural slight forward head posture. I fully admit that's personal preference.

Alright, I'm caught up on updating page one I think. As more gets posted I may end up reorganizing some more, but I think it's all there right now. :peace

Back