Modification/Customization for the DX12 Batman Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sleeve fix.

IMG_4583.jpg

IMG_4587.jpg

IMG_4584.jpg

IMG_4585.jpg

IMG_4589.jpg

I don't know if this is a wide-spread problem, but both of my sleeves needed this fix.

A side benefit of getting the sleeves pulled further down is that there is less fabric to bunch up on the arm.

Last edited:
If you plan to realign the chest and want to also make the shoulder pads smaller, do this before you put him back together:

IMG_4581.jpg

IMG_shoulderglue.jpg

IMG_4655b.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks. :)

Some of that may be a little obvious to some, but I figure it's better to have too much info than not enough.

Damn, that's a **** ton of mods.

Gotta hand it to Maglor for going in depth with all this, that's some dedication. Great work.

Can't help but feel this figure, straight out of the box as a stock piece, is a disappointment though, through and through. I can't really look at it considering how much better it could have looked had Hot Toys worked on it a little longer, perhaps with the same "eye" that Maglor has. The fact that it's $250 burns quite a bit as well. The faceplates it comes with are mediocre, some are downright laughable. The cape isn't as good as it could or should be. It can't really sit on the pod to well either and the two are frigging companion pieces. An improved belt, body suit construction and gauntlets isn't enough in my opinion.

It's just ridiculous considering this is one of many TDK suited Batman figures. Seems like the only way to get an ideal version is to mod the hell out of all of them with some pretty heavy duty alterations/mods.

Chest armor realignment mod:

01.jpg

Maglor,

Quick question for you on this step, where you're sticking the flat head screw driver, is it going in between the back plastic and separating it from a strap or are you separating the plastic & strap away from the suit?

just want to be clear on this.

Also thanks a lot for doing this thread, very much appreciated! I had asked a few people how they did there mods when people first started doing them but no one wanted to answer, I guess they wanted to keep it secret or thought they were the ***** and are stuck up! :)

Thanks again dude!:clap

Damn, that's a **** ton of mods.

Gotta hand it to Maglor for going in depth with all this, that's some dedication. Great work.

Can't help but feel this figure, straight out of the box as a stock piece, is a disappointment though, through and through. I can't really look at it considering how much better it could have looked had Hot Toys worked on it a little longer, perhaps with the same "eye" that Maglor has. The fact that it's $250 burns quite a bit as well. The faceplates it comes with are mediocre, some are downright laughable. The cape isn't as good as it could or should be. It can't really sit on the pod to well either and the two are frigging companion pieces. An improved belt, body suit construction and gauntlets isn't enough in my opinion.

It's just ridiculous considering this is one of many TDK suited Batman figures. Seems like the only way to get an ideal version is to mod the hell out of all of them with some pretty heavy duty alterations/mods.

I kind of agree...

However, I still think it's worth buying even if you don't do any mods at all. I'm getting a second one and I plan to do a video celebrating the stock version.

Mags, with that shoulder piece mod, how restrictive is it to the articulation in the arms. ie. how far can you raise the arms now?

Thought I might get that question. :)

I've abducted the arms to 90 degrees both before and after the mod, so there is no discernible difference IMO.

ShoulderAbduction.gif

Maglor,

Quick question for you on this step, where you're sticking the flat head screw driver, is it going in between the back plastic and separating it from a strap or are you separating the plastic & strap away from the suit?

just want to be clear on this.

To be honest, I don't fully understand the question... Do you have the figure? I would describe it this way: Stick the small flathead screwdriver in between the strap and shoulder-blades. Then twist the screwdriver a little. That should be enough for it to start coming apart. :peace

Also thanks a lot for doing this thread, very much appreciated! I had asked a few people how they did there mods when people first started doing them but no one wanted to answer, I guess they wanted to keep it secret or thought they were the ***** and are stuck up! :)

Thanks again dude!:clap

You're welcome. And I've always found that irritating as well. So many people become totally silent when they are asked questions about "improvements" to their figures. Maybe people are just really busy. :dunno

Using a hairbrush to keep it in place is genius! :lol I always have problems when heating small stuff like that.

:lol :hi5:

I can't count the times that I've struggled to hang on to something without burning my hand as I try to keep it from flying around. :lol

Last edited:
To be honest, I don't fully understand the question... Do you have the figure? I would describe it this way: Stick the small flathead screwdriver in between the strap and shoulder-blades. Then twist the screwdriver a little. That should be enough for it to start coming apart. :peace

Yes I have the figure, just couldn't figure it out but you cleared it up for me!! Thanks:wave

Awesome.

I think the chest alignment mod was a bigger deal on mine because the the original glue job was really poor, and made re-gluing it a challenge... it's a long story, and too hard to explain.

What glue did you end up using to get the chest plate back in place? I tried 3 different glues. I really don't like using super glue because it makes things stiff, but for parts of it was forced to. After it dried, the chest came out misshapen because of the super glue. It took a lot of heating and reshaping to get it where it's supposed to be.

In the end, I'm glad I did the mod, but it really was a huge pain on my end.

I used super glue. I didn't heat the piece to reshape it though. I was able to squeeze it all in there w/o doing so, but heating it would've probably made it a bit easier :lol

Also, about the sleeves, mine were like yours, glued too high, so I fixed them while working on the gauntlets. I wasn't going to worry about but with the gauntlet reaching lower now, I had to do it. Originally I thought I was the only one with screwed up sleeves :lol

Yes I have the figure, just couldn't figure it out but you cleared it up for me!! Thanks:wave

Cool. :duff

I used super glue. I didn't heat the piece to reshape it though. I was able to squeeze it all in there w/o doing so, but heating it would've probably made it a bit easier :lol

Also, about the sleeves, mine were like yours, glued too high, so I fixed them while working on the gauntlets. I wasn't going to worry about but with the gauntlet reaching lower now, I had to do it. Originally I thought I was the only one with screwed up sleeves :lol

Screwed up sleeve buddies! :hi5: :lol

I just don't like Super Glue on rubber. Rubber should be flexible and S. Glue dries stiff. After it dried, the left pectoral looked like a pancake, and it took several cycles (over a couple days) of heat-flex-freeze to get it to hold the shape I wanted. It was actually kind of scary for a little while...

Maglor, you rock so hard dude. Thanks for the tutorials. When I find my balls, i will attempt the chest, shoulders and gauntlet mods. Even though I already have 2 dx12s....just doing such extensive surgery on a brand spanking new fig will take a toll on my heart. Especially when I'm not so good with modding to begin with.

Great stuff man.

Maglor, you rock so hard dude. Thanks for the tutorials. When I find my balls, i will attempt the chest, shoulders and gauntlet mods. Even though I already have 2 dx12s....just doing such extensive surgery on a brand spanking new fig will take a toll on my heart. Especially when I'm not so good with modding to begin with.

Great stuff man.

Me and you both brother.

Ok guys I'm not ashamed to admit that I have very little skill but even more so no time to do these mods. Who's up to do them for me?

Definitely gonna do the chest, shoulders, ankles, gauntlet and hand mods when I eventually get mine. CREG should take care of the head and neck.

3Jwuu.jpg

Back