"No Name" bodies***REVIEW LINK ON Page 1***

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: "No Name" bodies

I ordered 3 of these:

NoNameBody.png
Your order is almost prepared to be shipped.
Here, some photo from the warehouse -

PlasticTrash.jpg

:wink1:

What the heck is taking so long? :impatient:

Most likely the Chinese new year. I've got a few of these bodies and they are compatible with TT's. Really good deal for the price.

The huge complaint I have is how headplay doesn't combined shipping. $17 shipping for two bodies? On top of that, they send the bodies in a plastic envelope and wrap the bodies in bubble wrap. I don't know wtf they're thinking? Invest in some small boxes? :lol I just ordered 2 more and I'm hoping they survive the journey in their poorly protected envelope.

I have one and the short neck conector is diferent from HT plus the holes in the arms for the hand pegs they are diferents means you can't use the HT pegs for ths body and the feet conectors they are little biger the join ball.

The HT wrist pegs can be easily modified to work.

Still don't have it. :lol

But I've sanded down HT wrist pegs to fit small arm holes before.

I think they might be at the post office. Will find out tomorrow. :)

So you can use any HT hands on them, just not the wrist pegs.

That's a non-issue then... I really need to get a few of these.

So you can use any HT hands on them, just not the wrist pegs.

That's a non-issue then... I really need to get a few of these.

You can use the pegs, they just have to be modified.

Got the figures today. The box they came in (which had gotten pretty beat up) was sealed with a TTL sticker.

IMG_3689.jpg

Not sure if that means anything or if it's just a sticker they had laying around. The sheen, color, and feel of the plastic really does remind me of TTLs. Anyway, they are a great match to a narrow shoulder True Type:

IMG_3688.jpg

I'll try and get comparison shots and a full review up tomorrow. :peace

Ooo they look nice, and worth the money. Thanks for any comparison/review you can provide.

Here is everything you get:

IMG_3756.jpg

The inclusion of the thigh adapters is a little strange as they are designed for the Advanced True Type. I can't imagine anyone wanting to use them with this figure as the thighs would be way to big for the upper body. However the inclusion of them is nice as many of us have other figures that might benefit from them.

The gun hands and relaxed hands are identical to True Type hands. I really like the extra half closed left hand, it will probably come in handy some day [no pun intended].

Here it is next to a Hot Toys brand True Type:

IMG_3765.jpg

IMG_3767.jpg

No Name on left, Hot Toys on right. The dimensions and articulation are identical.

The ankle pegs and neck adapters are identical/interchangeable with Hot Toys:

IMG_3752.jpg

The only catch is the wrist pegs. The part that connects to the hands (although, slightly smaller on the No Name peg) is interchangeable both ways. However, the part that fits to the forearm is significantly skinnier on the No Name body:

IMG_3761.jpg

So, you can use Hot Toys hands on this body with no modifications to anything, but if you would want to use Hot Toys pegs with this body you would have to file them down to fit. Not a big deal, and unlikely to be necessary since the No Names come with 4 pegs, but it should be noted.

For the most part, the joints are tight enough to hold any pose. I had one shoulder that was floppy, but I just tightened one of the screws and it's tight now. All the joints that can be screw-tightened on a True Type can be tightened here.

In conclusion, these are well worth the money and are identical to the Narrow Shouldered True Type in every way that matters. I'm very pleased. :)

Back