BUSINESSDOG-WORKSHOP- Elysium + Joy-Ride RUSTY-NAIL + The Last Of Us BILL

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: BUSINESSDOG WORKSHOP + Elysium DRAKE + Joy Ride RUSTY NAIL (Warning: Some gore!!)

Heya!

I am happy to present my latest custom figure!

This time the very angry truck driver and antagonist from the movie(s) "Joy Ride", known only by his CB Radio handle: Rusty Nail.

ijcMXwu.jpg

It's an oldish (2001) Horror/Thriller movie (in some countries it's called "Road Kill"), starring Paul Walker and Steve Zahn as two brothers who play a prank on a random truck driver over the radio, and it goes a little too far.

du0O2md.jpg

Originally, he was completely personified by his black rig and being just a voice over the CB terrorizing them, but in the later 2008 sequel, "Joy Ride 2: Dead Ahead", the writers decided to take him out of the truck more and turn him into a hulking, 6'6 "I Know What You Did Last Summer"-type killer that just kills for the hell of it. And usually looks really cool while he's at it lol.

EHJdYsO.png

I'll admit I'm a bit of a B-Horror junkie, and I quite liked the new direction they took him this time around.

So that's the look I decided to go with. Just trying to recreate the [new] actors' portrayal and style of this character. The outfit is pretty simple and straight forward too.

Once again, an amazingly accurate and kickass head sculpt done by Peter the Painter made all this possible. I adore all the work Peter has done for me over the last few months, but this has to be my personal favorite he has done so far. It's just so unique and true to the character right down to the little smoke!

The "severed head" was the result of an eBay seller accidentally selling me the wrong Headplay head which I wanted to use for a previous figure. It would have cost more to send it back to replace it, so I just took the partial refund and kept it. Made a few "alterations" while I was at it. Heh heh...

So I hope you all like my Rusty Nail character figure! I Photoshopped some little effects in a few of these to give it a little more...character :)

Shez

JOjmZQQ.jpg

7UEi7n4.jpg

5TDkkU7.jpg

XHq3pCQ.jpg

CgE1o8o.jpg

FfFCiid.jpg

8l3N5bY.jpg

LiamVqo.jpg

auqdLsz.jpg

AVBvisN.jpg

Re: BUSINESSDOG WORKSHOP + Elysium DRAKE + Joy Ride RUSTY NAIL (Warning: Some gore!!)

Once again BuisnessDog your custom work and presentation are just excellent, love the enhancing smoke effects and your posing and weathering are so natural.

Cheers,
Peter.

Re: BUSINESSDOG WORKSHOP + Elysium DRAKE/KRUGER + Joy Ride RUSTY NAIL

Great job mate, not sure I ever saw the sequel, I'll have to check it out.

Re: BUSINESSDOG WORKSHOP + Elysium DRAKE/KRUGER + Joy Ride RUSTY NAIL

That's awesome right there! Love the joyride 2 rusty nail! And great pics really adds to the character!

Re: BUSINESSDOG WORKSHOP + Elysium+ Joy Ride RUSTY NAIL + The Last Of Us BILL

I am happy to share with you a slightly older custom figure, but one of my first true customs (that involved a little more than just putting clothes on a nude fig haha)
This time my favorite character from Naughty Dog's latest PS3 title: "The Last Of Us": BILL!!

Basically it's an Action Adventure/Survival Horror game set 20 years into a zombie apocalypse. Bill is one of the more...colorful characters you meet along the way. Personally, I think he is one of the best supporting characters ever written for a game. His "story" really had a bit of an effect on me, so I had to make this.

HUGE thanks to Peter Miles (Peter the Painter) for whipping up an excellent headsculpt of the guy! :pray:

Shez

at42SWj.jpg

WZ0UUFM.jpg

b1JCyKM.jpg

ZmwyWA5.jpg

Back