Asmus Toys: Gandalf the White

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why do you say so?

? ? ?

Is this in response to Asmus or Pixel?

Pixel was doing a play on your screen name and Asmus being the manufacturer probably based May 2014 on their own projections. That being said based on what is going on with Gothmog, if Gandalf comes out overseas in May it would be June or July when he arrives in the States.

I've decided to cancel my pre-order, really hope they come out with a Gandalf the Grey, this figure looks awesome just would rather Grey on my shelf, still watching this thread to see all of your guys great pics!

Yeh I think I'll be doing the same. I really only wanted Grey and thought this'd grow on me, but it hasn't.

Is having White and Gray just too much Gandalf?

I have the Sideshow Gandalf so I never ordered this one, but I do like the White. Only thing is, it will compete visually on the shelf with the upcoming Saruman.

I too much prefer Grey, but having no Gandalf yet, will keep this preorder. I also think this will go great with their Morgul Lord. Though I did cancel Gothmog and likely won't be getting Guritz either.

Man reading that last post had me thinking Asmus cancelled GTW.

Is having White and Gray just too much Gandalf?

I have the Sideshow Gandalf so I never ordered this one, but I do like the White. Only thing is, it will compete visually on the shelf with the upcoming Saruman.

You can never have enough Gandalf.

Or, if Asmus gets really bold (and deviates from Return of the King characters), Gandalf the White could fight an aged Theoden. That would be a funny figure. Old *** Theoden and throne.

There is actually not that many Gandlaf the white being made...
much less than WK. and just about as many as Gothmog.

So personally I will think Gandlaf the White will be a rare item in near future.

Yes,
I don't see any reason to keep it a secret.

WK = 2000
Gothmog = 900
Gandalf = 1000

And we do not make re-run for any of our products,
it is one of our principle.

That's cool to know. To know that you have one of a specific amount. Thank you for that!

We'll have to keep a running tally of these stats as its inevitable that newbies of the future will be asking one day "how many of these were made".

Back