poison ivy repainted

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
20131012_6.jpg
20131012.jpg

Splendid, Gorgeous and Beautiful.

You are very lucky johnny! :duff

the factory paint is literally half as good, which equals bad. This is why I don't have any human statues from SS in my collection.

Where's my box of tissues?!!

Seriously, that's a fantastic repaint. Kudos to John. I mean, I'd be happy even if it came from the factory like this:

received_m_mid_1381032986044_dae7ddadfb915f0733_0.jpeg

P.S - How can I contact John? :wink1:

Great job. What did it cost you? Amazing how much better something looks when painted by a painter and not some poor underage kids or elderly workers getting 10 cents per statue.

This just shows how lacking Sideshow QC is these days. This never would have happened in the old days of Sideshow. The sooner people stop accepting crap paint jobs, the faster QC will get back in check. If you get a "short bus mug" like the one on the left, I say send her packing. Sad really, but your repaint looks awesome and breathtakingly beautiful... just the way Ivy should look. :) Sideshow is still capable of doing great paint jobs: Vampirella and Scarlet Witch PFs paint jobs both turned out awesome but these high ES pieces always have problems.

This just shows how lacking Sideshow QC is these days. This never would have happened in the old days of Sideshow. The sooner people stop accepting crap paint jobs, the faster QC will get back in check. If you get a "short bus mug" like the one on the left, I say send her packing. Sad really, but your repaint looks awesome and breathtakingly beautiful... just the way Ivy should look. :) Sideshow is still capable of doing great paint jobs: Vampirella and Scarlet Witch PFs paint jobs both turned out awesome but these high ES pieces always have problems.

You do realize that paint job cost nearly twice what the originsl statue cost? Thankfully my Ivy's paint was fine, not nearly as cool as this repaint, but fine.

Back