Collection Stash: A Collection Cataloging and Collectible Archiving Platform

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Collection Stash: Open Beta

Tyler, can you please add Hellboy 1 & 2 to the Gentle Giant selection..Thank you.

Looking to open up a discussion about the next release while I finish up the current one. I will officially be working on adding other collectible types: prints/art as well as unique and original items.

I am looking to discuss on how this should work. The end goal is to basically combine sites like Expresso Beans and Comic Art Fans into Collection stash because why should you have to have multiple sites to maintain all of your collectibles? :)

Here are some of my high level ideas:
  • Adding "manufactured" prints like Mondo Tees, Phantom City Creative or artists specific prints will be added how collectibles are currently added.
  • For the new collectible types Art and Print (I might combine or I might break them out), there will be the following new fields: signed, artist proof, artist, printer and print type. Should I add anymore?
  • For Artists who make and get their own stuff printed, probably won't have a manufacturer.
  • Original/Unique pieces, (for now think commissions) will be added similar to prints BUT will not require approval. They will be unique in the sense they cannot be added by other people but will be automatically approved. Since these are things that are much more difficult to verify it makes most sense that these will be automatically added.
  • I am thinking of adding a verification process. After it is added you can submit information to verify the piece. This isn't high on my list to do but something I thought I could do eventually.
  • The list of artists will be automatically generated by the users as stuff is added, kind of similar to how tags are added. There are way too many artists for those to be added by a mod/admin.
  • The "Contribute" process will be revamped a bit so that collectibles are now added by type rather than manufacturer.

Please let me know what you think or if you have any ideas of your or something you would like to see.

you should also maybe separate con sketches from full go commissions & published sequentials eventually

dunno how you'd do a verification on OA, 99% of the time,
I'm emailing the rep back & forth and not the artist. perhaps a pic of the sig?

you should also maybe separate con sketches from full go commissions & published sequentials eventually

dunno how you'd do a verification on OA, 99% of the time,
I'm emailing the rep back & forth and not the artist. perhaps a pic of the sig?

I can definitely add a bunch of different subtypes of art.

Yea for the verification it would most likely have to be image based. Photo of the art maybe with a date plus username. I haven't thought it completely through yet and not sure how necessary it would be.

I can definitely add a bunch of different subtypes of art.

Yea for the verification it would most likely have to be image based. Photo of the art maybe with a date plus username. I haven't thought it completely through yet and not sure how necessary it would be.

my fathom cover is on the artist's site, most reps add the really good commissions as example pics

You know me T, once I start using it, that is when I will have my comments. *blush*

Thanks Mark!

I am hoping to get this next release out in the next few days (hopefully before I go out of town this weekend). I am pretty excited to share it with you guys!

Alright, just pushed out a massive update!

Definitely going to need some help testing. Let me know if there are any issues.

I haven't read through everything, and maybe that's my fault. But I was wondering if any Mondo/Alamo Drafthouse section will be added for limited edition prints? Is that going too far off the branch?

I haven't read through everything, and maybe that's my fault. But I was wondering if any Mondo/Alamo Drafthouse section will be added for limited edition prints? Is that going too far off the branch?

That is what my next milestone will be. It is going to include work to start adding other collectible types than the core ones I have now. This will include prints, art and original/unique pieces.

I also might consolidate collectible types, or put some under others. Like Maquette is probably going to go under Statue in the hierarchy, because it makes no sense standalone. I might do that with diorama as well.

Back