baloo custom biomask for HT original Predator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your mask will be a huge step towards me being completely happy with the HT P1. I've gotten over the undersizing of the figure overall and I'm not as fussy about the body shape as the NECA guys are. I think after this the only things I'd change are to get a fully removeable backpack & shoulder cannon and to make the shoulder cannon itself smaller. But even those 2 things aren't essential.

Fixing the dreads and fixing the mask make a huge difference to this figure - taking him from looking a bit silly to looking more accurate and bad@$$.

Your mask will be a huge step towards me being completely happy with the HT P1. I've gotten over the undersizing of the figure overall and I'm not as fussy about the body shape as the NECA guys are. I think after this the only things I'd change are to get a fully removeable backpack & shoulder cannon and to make the shoulder cannon itself smaller. But even those 2 things aren't essential.

Fixing the dreads and fixing the mask make a huge difference to this figure - taking him from looking a bit silly to looking more accurate and bad@$$.

Hey a-dev, not trying to promote my custom, but if your problem is trying to get the dreads to lay flatter, then check my custom thread out. I put a wire into them and made the top bendy, so they lay nice and flat.

And I got the full garage kit of the mask. Just waiting to get the drill bit set for my dremell to drill the holes out before I get started.

@ a-dev: yep, I agree, that's why the backpack & cannon will be my next step... But it is not for at once!

@ sprig0701: You know Frank, I'm not sure that the Dremel is the best method: a little faster, yes sure, but for the some holes to be drilled (3 for the laser sight / 2 for temporal connector) I preferred to opt for a manual drilling (much more accurate and without risk).
By this way, you can check at any time the correct alignment of drilling and better calibrate the pressure.

Hello my friends.

I am currently completing the "Classic" version. I think I'll have finished for Monday. Here's a little look after a first layer of varnish.
Here it is next to that from HT for comparison:

PREDBIOMASK54T.jpg

Tomorrow, when it will be dry, I'll be able to soften the grainy with a Micromesh and, if necessary, enhance the contrast of dark hollow by another black wash and enlight the rest by another drybrush before spraying a new layer varnish.

Such a difference from the huge head original HT version. Love it :clap

Hi Baloo..so the BD version is painted or decals ( blast mark and such) can you make this for the 1/4 scale Neca Pred bio so I don't have to duplicate how you painted it cause it just looks awesome !!!

Rob

Hello Rob! Glad to read you. :wave

The first mask BD was painted in full. I am just finishing a few copies "Ultimate ", but this time with decals of my design for the main BD effects and in few days you'll be able to make the comparison. Enlarge the scale from 1:6 to 1:4 should not be a problem if it suits you. :duff

Lookin' awesome. Might just end up saving myself some money and settle for the Full Classic. Decisions, decisions. Oh well, I've got plenty of time to make up my mind. There are still over 40 names above mine :lol

hi Baloo ! so is the decal available for the Neca bio yet ? :) please pm me the price please if they are ready

Rob

Thank you friends! I'm glad you like it. :hi5:

... But it's not over yet, heh: I still have the black juice to apply for the final result. :wink1:

i'm sooo tempted to just buying a garage full kit...but i don't know how i would fare with the electonics aspect of it...do u send those out with actual instructions or would i just have to come here and look them up?

Hello friends. :wave
Some updates:

PREDBIOMASK55T1.jpg

PREDBIOMASK55T2.jpg

PREDBIOMASK56T2.jpg

PREDBIOMASK56T1.jpg

PREDBIOMASK56T3.jpg

To be continued...

Simply Amazing baloo!!!! Love the new texture that you added to the mask and I also love the new darker grey color scheme you used as well to match with the armor. Awesome work!!!!:clap

Back