Hot Toys–DX 03- Michael Jackson 'Bad' spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i have a feeling DX started out as a way to justify further joker and batman TDK releases without pissing fans off. hey it's a whole other line... no milking here... move along. now you're right, they seem a bit stuck. guess we'll only know when we see DX4. is it PERS and stand? is it the choice of truly popular and iconic character? is it the fact that the character/icon already exists as MMS or MICON? we'll just have to grab our nuts and wait.

It's too bad the likeness seems to have gotten a lot worse since the prototypes were shown, his bottom eyelashes look horrible too and HT still seems to have not perfected PERS.

Well you may have a point there about the eyelashes ..but its hardly gotten worse, they seemed 2 have fixed the jaw,its not as big now and its a big improvement imo.

i have a feeling DX started out as a way to justify further joker and batman TDK releases without pissing fans off. hey it's a whole other line... no milking here... move along.

Ya thats definitely what started the dx line! ..lol now there stuck with it and have to produce other figures for it now that bats and joker have been done.

^^The eyes themselves are fine and are actually mini works of art when you look at the detailing they're given. However the problem with the PERS system in general is to do with the expression of the face sculpt. When we move our eyes, our expression changes subtly in the process. As the Bad MJ sculpt is somewhat neutral, certain positionings of the eyes throws things off. It was the same with the Joker.
This whole PERS thing has always been just a gimmick adding nothing to the figure...i mean how many of us are really gonna sit there playing with the eyes every 5 minutes? I'll pick a natural position then leave it on my shelf, end of story.

Rubber eyelids?

For your average collector thats true but for photographers out there, I guess PERS plays a big part with macro photography.

While i'm moaning, does anyone else think the DX line has been one of the most ill conceived and directionless marketing lines released from any toy company? Apart from the PERS. We still don't know what DX represents as Hot Toys 'Premiere' line and what direction it's going in terms of releases. They could integrate PERS into their standard MMS if they wanted to. Its just too random and badly thought out that even today we're still scratching our heads...

I guess this figure will help the DX line? Batman didn't which was a flop. Joker was a huge success.

i have a feeling DX started out as a way to justify further joker and batman TDK releases without pissing fans off.

They pissed them off anyway with the flop of Batman's mess.

This figure is outstanding, but I as awesome as the eye system looks most the time....sometimes it is just really creepy, haha.

Absolutely didn't expect this picture explosion, great stuff. So it IS finished and is also gonna be shipped to the US and Europe as well next week or so?

Well you may have a point there about the eyelashes ..but its hardly gotten worse, they seemed 2 have fixed the jaw,its not as big now and its a big improvement imo.

Yes, the jaw has definitely been fattened & widened

Compare previous pics & HT prototypes pics to the final ones. The cleft in his chin was much deeper in the prototype but in the new pics its not as evident. I also noticed the head wasnt originally attached to the neck, now it is....
20100226_c848e83f9a3d2e3b79acAnfDI30sLG1H.jpg

Photo 2, serious face. Photo 3, a smirk appearing. Quite cool effect with the lighting on those two.

i wish the would lower the amount they will prob. produce. wonder how many thrillers are out there

Looks great. Not perfect like Pitt's Aldo, but good enough. I am going to hold off on getting this right away and watch the price. Hopefully it will fall like Thriller. $150-160 shipped seems about right for this.

Back