DarkArtist's End of the Line Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And there's nothing wrong with taking some mental relief in a game or movie or whatever, you have to every now and then, but, if people are losing confidence in you reolving a matter, at some point, some act to demonstrate that you will get it resolved has to take priority and happen.

I can't and won't answer for Josh. Nor am I judging him. At all. I still like the guy, know he's a good person, and consider him a friend. I'm just saying that nothing is happening, and won't happen, unless he's guided somehow.

I agree. Learned helplessness is a very real issue and sounds like what could be happening here.

edit: If anyone is unfamiliar with the concept of learned helplessness, look up Seligman and Maier's experiments.

Josh is undoubtedly a nice guy, very friendly and a genuine person. However this is another Howes situation in all but name.
It's sad to see this happening but the customers who have invested their hard earned money have every right to be angry and frustrated over this.
Surely someone on here knows Josh personally and see if he's okay?

Guys

I just happen to catch this and I see there remains a number who has not recieved their goods.

Didn't Josh say he has no means to finish the custom work anymore ? If so, how is it so many custom artist get into this plight ? I am sorry if I offend anyone but I just don't get it as how so many custom guys first get the deposit and not finish what they promise ?

Maybe if one of us who Josh knows and trusts went down there for a weekend to visit and help him put at least some of these "orders" behind him? For example... the ones that are supposedly already done could be packaged and shipped out by whoever it is helping.

I think this has more to do with Josh just being overwhelmed with the huge piece he bit off to chew and also being burned out than it does him being dishonest or anything like that.

Josh posted a bunch of pictures awhile back of all the board members who went to his Halloween party, so why can't someone who lives nearby or close enough to drive down pick up everyone's stuff and mail it back to them. Everyone has been offering Josh money to ship the stuff back, just pay whoever is willing to pick the stuff up and mail it.

Josh posted a bunch of pictures awhile back of all the board members who went to his Halloween party, so why can't someone who lives nearby or close enough to drive down pick up everyone's stuff and mail it back to them. Everyone has been offering Josh money to ship the stuff back, just pay whoever is willing to pick the stuff up and mail it.

I agree with this. I would be happy to give the person some money for their gas and effort just to pick the stuff up, box it and mail it back to whomever the stuff belongs too.

I don't think anyone technically lives "near" him so what it would take is Josh agreeing and finding someone ready, willing and able. Easier said then done. If a group of us would get together and come up with a dollar total to offer someone it might be more possible to actually happen. They would probably needs a large vehicle too :lol

I'm with everyone who believes Josh is a good guy. There is no two ways about that. But, like Jen stated his promises aren't being fulfilled and its been a delay after a delay. I hope in the end everything works out. I just have two PF heads and a maximus kit myself. I'm sure others have much more. An update would be great

I'd be in. I think that's a great idea. If Josh would allow it and someone would be kind enough to get the stuff and post it out after postage is paid it would take care of this whole mess , this should take a huge weight off of Josh's shoulders too.

Last edited:
A proposal has already been made to Josh that would be fair for all. I can't share any details (yet). But if he agrees... stay tuned.

I'd chip in for someone's gas money, too. So who lives near Josh? Anyone? Anyone?

I've got a headless Assajj Ventress sitting on my sofa table that my husband says is freaking him out.

I have no energy anymore to be mad.

I don't care if I get the complete figures that I paid for. I don't even want my money back. I just want the four frickin' heads back that I sent to have painted. Please. Just.... please. :( :monkey2

Unless something is done at some point, this will haunt Josh for an infinite amount of time. Even if everyone else forgets all about it, it will eat at him.

He's a thief who took $100 from me so I'm not going to forget about it. It's not about the money, it's the principle. He's a liar and a thief like Howes and the rest of the con artists who have unscrupulously ripped people off on this site and the mods just keep sweeping it under the rug to cover up for their Golden Boy. There's no question he's talented but his talents are neither here nor there when he won't even stand up like a man on moral principle and make good on his word. That's just despicable. :exactly:

We are not covering up for him. We have told him enough is enough and our patience has run out. He needs to make good on his promises now.

A proposal has already been made to Josh that would be fair for all. I can't share any details (yet). But if he agrees... stay tuned.

Count me in too in whatever ya trying to do. Just give me the run down on what I can help out with.

He's a thief who took $100 from me so I'm not going to forget about it. It's not about the money, it's the principle. He's a liar and a thief like Howes and the rest of the con artists who have unscrupulously ripped people off on this site and the mods just keep sweeping it under the rug to cover up for their Golden Boy. There's no question he's talented but his talents are neither here nor there when he won't even stand up like a man on moral principle and make good on his word. That's just despicable. :exactly:

We can take that stance and vent to our hearts' content... or we can try to actually DO something constructive about it so that most folks can attempt to find some silver lining. I'm personally going to at least try for the latter.

Awesome Irish!

Thanks for trying to arrange things for everyone and take a burden off of Josh at the same time.

I can't announce or promise anything yet (Josh agreeing to the idea is paramount). So don't get too excited yet. But I think we may be able to come up with at least some kind of solution for most folks.

Okay, Josh has agreed to my idea. So here's the deal...

At some point in early-mid July (I don't know the exact dates yet) I will be going to Central Florida. During one of those weekends, I will be visiting Josh, helping sort through what he has, and will then bring everything back with me to Atlanta and begin shipping stuff off to folks myself.

Here's what you need to do in order to participate:

Create a post in the new thread HERE, with the following information:

Your Screen Name
List of Orders You Have with Josh (with the info from example below)
:

IrishJedi
Figure: 12" Michael Myers (Halloween); Ordered: October 2008
Custom Paint Job: Dexter Morgan head; Ordered: October 2008

Please PM your real name and current mailing address to Jen.

I have created an Excel Spreadsheet and have sent it to Jen. She will be updating and maintaining this Spreadsheet with your info.

When I visit Josh, I will then take a detailed inventory (using the Spreadsheet) and sort all of the orders that have anything physical that can be sent back.

But before we do this, a few important "ground rules":

1) If you choose to participate, I ask only that you send me the money to ship whatever items are there to you. If you want to contribute extra, that is completely up to you. But I'm not asking to be paid for my time or whatever. I know many of you have already sent extra money to Josh in the past. *NOTE: I will not accept ANY payments for shipping until I have items in-hand and confirm your shipping address*. And I won't take any of the items of people who don't explicitly choose to participate.

2) If you choose to participate, you will be shipped any items that are there for you AS-IS, meaning some may get incomplete items, loose parts, or even the original item(s) they sent without any work done to them at all.

3) Obviously, if you have commissioned Josh to make something from scratch and it's not physically there, there's nothing we can do.

4) If you are owed a Refund by Josh (and not any actual items) then we can track that separately in the spreadsheet, but obviously I will not be able to produce refunds for folks. But we can at least organize them for Josh in the matrix, which can't hurt.

I'm not doing this as a "good Samaritan". A friend needs help, I think I know how to at least help a little, and so I'm doing so. If nothing else, it's the Pay It Forward philosophy. Many of you on here are my friends, too... so it's what's best for all.

I will NOT be "playing favorites". Everyone that chooses to participate and pays for shipping will get their items (again, in whatever state they are in).

Also important to note: this wouldn't be possible if Josh didn't agree. So it's not like I'm swooping in to save the day. He deserves credit for trying to help set things right, too.

This is all voluntary. So think about it... and if you're in, let Jen and myself know and start listing your orders.

:duff

Last edited:
Good idea, BUT, can we please keep it to PMs, no one should be forced to disclose their real names publicly, thanks.

That is fine - people can PM me their details. I can also have a list and update it with people's board names here in this thread if they want. Or I can just keep it all on the spreadsheet. Whichever people prefer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back