Master Replica Muppets Line Dead! NOT!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Master Replica Muppets Line Dead!

I hope they make Statler and Waldorf. So when I buid my home theater I can make a balcony to put them in. :rock

It's great to hear that the license will be back.

Beaker would sell well... he's a fun and oddball character. Piggy would be a great choice, but because of her size I could see them holding off before investing too much into her.

I have animal and still plan to pick up Kermit, but passed that I'm probably done.

Whats that little shrimps name?
That little guy always cracked me up

I want Statler and Waldorf.....but these things gotta sell or we wont see much more characters.....plus, how good will these be? MR did a good job as is...the new company needs to match the effort. Plus how many people can really afford these without having to go in debt to buy one? I say goodluck and we'll see how it goes

Whats that little shrimps name?

He's not a shrimp!! He's a King Prawn!!

extrapepe.jpg

If it's not Fozzie I'm not interested. I might be persuaded by Piggy, but only if Fozzie is confirmed as the next one and we get word he's actually in production. I was VERY unimpressed when Master Replicas cancelled him.

Yeah, any newer character would be of no interest for me (Pepe, Rizzo, Robin, etc.) Neither would Electric Mayhem, as cool as that would be. Too many members, which would need too much space--they'd need their own stage! I'd like Fozzie, Rowlf, & Piggy--and only then would I go back and get Animal and maybe consider Scooter if they made him. Chef would be cool, but he'd hafta live in the kitchen.

i only have animal and that's because he's my favorite muppet and i scored him for $100 dlvd on ebay...i know BBTS has gonzo for $80 but that one just doesn't do much for me.

That's the other thing... no way I would pre-order one of these after seeing how bad the value tanked on the first 3. The quality is top-notch, but Animal selling for $100 when his retail was $399 is ridiculous.

That's the other thing... no way I would pre-order one of these after seeing how bad the value tanked on the first 3. The quality is top-notch, but Animal selling for $100 when his retail was $399 is ridiculous.

your not kidding!! thats why I dont see a future for any future posers and have doubts they are even gonna make anymore, even if its from a new company. If they make Statler,Waldorf,Fozzie I am in! but its just a dream!

Okay, so Piggy is about Animal's height and about 4 times his mass. But they'll probably have to go with the newer, svelter Piggy which only about 3 times his mass.

I'd probably buy the Chef before Scooter, Pepe, Rolf, etc.

As for Gonzo - if you have any love for the character at all - you should get him. Just his suit alone is worth a couple hundred bucks. You could remove it and put it on your 2 year old.

As for the quality - if it is eFX, then I don't think there's anything to worry about. It's essentially the same team as MR.

I have the Kermit and love it! Don't know if I'd spend $100 each on Gonzo & Animal though. Don't care about flipping to sell these, just wouldn't know how to properly display them if I ever owned the other 2.

I always thought the Swedish Chef had a lot of crossover appeal. I mean, he's got his own Fark filter for April Fool's Day.

Don't underestimate the power of the bork, bork, bork.

He also had his own cereal. Croonchy Stars!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/hrSGAZNMQOA&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/hrSGAZNMQOA&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

No ^^^^, but it was the only way I could afford him...

got any pics of the animal one?

Here you go (crappy pics, looks much better in person):

It's EFX Collectibes - just announced today...
https://tinyurl.com/eFXHeartBox

Here's the important bits from the announcement:

Quote:
Upcoming pieces in development by eFX include:

• Full-size, highly detailed “Photo Puppets” of favorite Muppet characters, including Rizzo the Rat, Miss Piggy, and Pépe the King Prawn;

• An incredibly accurate, four-foot replica of Capt. Nemo’s Nautilus from 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea, which will offer features not incorporated in any previous model of this iconic submarine;

• Replicas and collectibles based on such classic Disney entertainment as Mary Poppins, Peter Pan and Pinocchio.

Back