• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Collector Freaks and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

New feedback thread!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
well i guess i should do this, i really hoped that it could be resolved, but after yet another month with no response and no statues.

a BIG -NEGATIVE for LOTRSWfan
after many attempts to contact him with no responses, and sending him about $650 i have not recieved my statues, 9 in total.

so i don't care if it's a -1 or -9 for each piece he didn't ship
i was told he was flakey after i had purchased items off of him, but had been told he always came through. well doesn't look like it this time:(

have started chargeback on my cc for $550 of the $650, so i should get that back at least.

So thats 2 punks in a real short period of time! Can we get something put in place to avoid this garbage from happenning again? Say if someone wants to sell they must give up something within the means of verification?

So thats 2 punks in a real short period of time! Can we get something put in place to avoid this garbage from happenning again? Say if someone wants to sell they must give up something within the means of verification?

I really don't know of anything we can do. It is important for members to leave feedback - the majority of the members on this board are honest....but there are those who come in and take advantage of that.

I can only offer the advice that anyone buying to ask for photos and check the seller's feedback...see if they've also had any transactions on ebay..and USE A CREDIT CARD for payment. If seller wants only Money Orders and doesn't have a high feedback from buyers that you know - simply stay away. Credit cards offer you protection in case things don't work out.

As a board, we really can not get involved - besides having this thread for people to be made aware of bad sellers. If we are involved, I imagine that we could be liable. I may be talking out of my ass here.....but I really think it's up to the buyers and the community to share information on sellers and if you want verification from a seller - to ask them directly for it. Buyers should also keep records of all communications with the seller as well as use a form of payment that will offer protection.

I'll ask Pixletwin for his .02 on this, since he probably knows more than I do.

Also - if members warn you that a potential seller is shady or flaky - take their advice. The item you want will come up again and it's just not worth the hassle of having to deal with potential bad sellers. It may work out - but chances are also good that it may not. I'd listen to your fellow collectors and steer clear of anyone that is questionable.

Last edited:
Jen is exactly right. Aside from offering the feedback forum to give us all heads up about people in commerce there really is nothing we can do. Ultimately when we buy from another board member we are putting ourselves at risk for scams. The best thing we can do is let everyone know when it seems a deal is going sour and warn others.

I have updated the NEGATIVE feedback. And thanks Marc for your input. :)

totally agree, though i had no idea that this member had any shady/flakey dealings until after i posted that i was looking for him, and stated that i had some concern about him.

only then was i made aware that others had some misgivings towards him. it would of been nice if someone had posted some concern before hand in the feedback forum.:(

either way lesson learned, i must move on. i realize that the feedback forum is only as good as the people that post their good or bad experiences, and if they choose not to, and give the guy the benefit of the doubt then sooner or later he'll get someone else. in this case it was ME:duh

in the end it's only going to cost me $125-$150, which isn't the end of the world for me, (though i could of used it to pay for the damn seatbelt ticket i just got the other day:mad:) but for some others it would be alot bigger deal for them.

like always say pay with your CC, that way you have up to 90 days for recourse instead of the 45 days that paypal offers.

totally agree, though i had no idea that this member had any shady/flakey dealings until after i posted that i was looking for him, and stated that i had some concern about him.

only then was i made aware that others had some misgivings towards him. it would of been nice if someone had posted some concern before hand in the feedback forum.:(

either way lesson learned, i must move on. i realize that the feedback forum is only as good as the people that post their good or bad experiences, and if they choose not to, and give the guy the benefit of the doubt then sooner or later he'll get someone else. in this case it was ME:duh

in the end it's only going to cost me $125-$150, which isn't the end of the world for me, (though i could of used it to pay for the damn seatbelt ticket i just got the other day:mad:) but for some others it would be alot bigger deal for them.

like always say pay with your CC, that way you have up to 90 days for recourse instead of the 45 days that paypal offers.

Sorry this happened to you. :monkey2

PLEASE PEOPLE - post all your feedback so we can all be well informed buyers. Thanks. :peace

that sucks bro....you got his address :naughty.:thwak....glad it all kinda worked out man...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back