1/6 Indy Customizations: Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I've been inspired by Maulfan and Amarcord's customs to make my own TOD Indy.
Had a couple of hours to tinker today, so got the soldering iron out and customised some light-up Sankara stones to go in his bag. Here they are with my Raiders Indy...
sankara1.jpg

sankara2.jpg

sankara4.jpg

Sankara3.jpg

(They don't look so green in person! Must be my crappy camera :confused:)
When I put him together I'll run the leads down the inside of his trouser leg so it all stays out of sight.

I just need a HT muscle body before I can start putting the pieces together(please PM me if you can help!)

Last edited:
Ben has been working on his own German disguise Indy from Raiders for a couple of months, now. He is almost finished. All Indy really needs are some utility pouches for his belt.

Here are pictures of Ben German disguise Indy:
GemanDisguiseIndy2.jpg

GermanDisguiseIndy12.jpg

GemanDisguiseIndy6.jpg

GemanDisguiseIndy7.jpg

Indy's RPG:
GemanDisguiseIndy9.jpg

Recipe: Sideshow Hatless Indy head (repainted), HT TT body, Dragon Afrika Corps tunic, Coleman breeches, generic German officer boots, custom cloth belt, repainted harness, and custom made RPG.

The RPG was made by Dragon, I think it was originally Russia. Ben removed the back, made a the new cone-shaped back out of paper (which was heavily super glued), the sights and shoulder support are cardboard, and he made the rocket pretty much from scratch. The whole thing was repainted and weathered.

Ta da!

Got the jacket from a Talking Presidents Elvis.
Shirt, trousers + bowtie from a Sideshow Bond (Cheers Morbo!)
Got the waistcoat on ebay but had to take it apart and re-stitch as it was way too big.
Oh and the flower is just homemade.

TuxIndy1.jpg

I can't find a waistcoat anywhere. I'v searched all over Ebay :(

I can't find a waistcoat anywhere. I'v searched all over Ebay :(

I got it as part of a black formal suit set (figured I could use the suit later on for a b wayne or something.) It needed to be totally restitched though as it was waaaay too big, so probably would have been just as easy to buy the material and make one!

Thanks for the feedback guys...I guess it's back to the drawing board

I wouldn't go as far as that. Its a great paintup. If you can reduce the darkness of the beard just a touch you'll be there. Maybe stipple a bit of the flesh tone over the darker areas . Be sure to show us when you're done , I admire anyone's guts for attempting to repaint this head, It isn't easy - I know I don't have it in me ! :lol

when it comes to stubble I have had pretty good results using a dark grey pastel chalk applied in very small amounts, built up to get the effect I want.. that way you can start out with just a little, get a slight shadow.. and keep adding to you get it to the tone you want..

Added some foliage in anticipation of my idol pedestal...

IndyPeru.jpg

Will be adding some vines next to make the leaves more realistic and to hide the white wires.

Decided to make my own Mola Ram to go with upcoming TOD Indy custom.
Staring with the costume, I picked up some material and pieced together this:
DSC03179.jpg

DSC03180.jpg

Next up I'll have to paint a TT body to the right skin tone and customise a head. Will also add some teeth to his necklace.

And...here's the TOD Indy so far (still waiting for the muscle body to arrive):
TODIndy.jpg

TODIndy2.jpg

TODglow.jpg

Looks great and the wall enviorment you did for him works perfectly fine for both RotLA and ToD Indy. Mola Ram looking good too, just needs bulkier body, the guy was huge:)

Looks great and the wall enviorment you did for him works perfectly fine for both RotLA and ToD Indy. Mola Ram looking good too, just needs bulkier body, the guy was huge:)

True, but I think a muscle body would look a bit silly as the chest would look too defined. Any suggestions?

True, but I think a muscle body would look a bit silly as the chest would look too defined. Any suggestions?

I'm waiting for the new Triad EVO to be released in July but you could probably use a Soldier Story body as it has sculpted neck and chest. Even the Krauser muscle body is too big for Indy and makes him look like he's on roids.

I used an Enterbay BL3 for my TOD Indy and just put a magnet inside the head. The body and head look great, although the arm is a tad too thin - but still looks better than a Prometheus or TT.

Back