ZCWO: 1/6 Charlie Chaplin - Tramp 100th Anniversary

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ZIPCOOLO

Super Freak
Reaction score
#ZCWO#與韓國頭雕團隊IMINIME合作的100週年#Charlie Chaplin查理卓別林#紀念版

擁有雙頭雕,能做出各種更生鬼動作!

195051rlnbo0w3wkbnqww4.jpg

195052u5t3pfpj315ua4g5.jpg

195054ue17o0ze1olom7qo.jpg

195057dt4hsbdj7jxxmwjz.jpg

195059sfk9dvg6iizfufcb.jpg

195102wa9iy9lcll7wmyxx.jpg

195104czpbpow3hd7po3om.jpg

195106dafwaoqfzfki5iqs.jpg

195108xnz5ex7hbevk4hhk.jpg

195111dun3iwquuuppyggi.jpg

195113h4j4ummje3r4rr5h.jpg

195115f8cshcapacslcmh0.jpg

195117qz7k2j363j2ojxcc.jpg

202631q7n2yb62n2lb1yan.jpg

I'm not feeling the laughing sculpt at all. The second sculpt looks better, but the eyebrows make him look slightly angry, which is completely out of character IMO. Perhaps with a different eye position and slight eyebrow repaint/resculpt I would like it more. Hm.

I like it more than the previous effort, but I still think the likeness isn't quite there. I think I actually like the wide eyed sculpt more.

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk

Quick and dirty manip of what I meant. In the middle picture, I only changes the eyebrows and position of the pupils. In the right picture, I added some eyeshadow to it as well. It's obviously not perfect in any sense, but I would like this slight change in expression a lot more.

Chaplin_comparison4.jpg

I'm in the same boat... I prefer the look of the second sculpt, but it's kind of pissed looking which doesn't fit with the character. Don't really care for the smiling one.

I agree the camera is the best part of this figure.

What the heck is that on his head? Is anyone capable of making a proper derby or bowler? That thing is ridiculous. I've seen some shots of Chaplin in a similar hat but for the most part his derby was much taller and a different shape. The smaller mustache pictured on this figure was from some of his later work but for much of his career his mustache was longer and fuller.

Good costume but poor derby! I agree with Jungle..why can't they get that right? In terms of likeness, it's ok, but the mustache is definitely too short. It's the first thing that I noticed. I had to kind of overlook that, but then I saw the likeness in the smile.

Overall, not a compelling figure for me. I'm glad they got the wing tipped shirt right at least (which they couldn't even get on previous releases)...

I like this... much more then the first release.

If this had movable eyes it would be a super winner. To anyone that had the first release, is the cane bendable ?

Nope, the cane will break if you try and bend it. It is also a bit short in the first release (Kumik).

that second sculpt is odd.. he looks pissed lol.. I like A86's photoshopped pic on the right. THATS Chaplin

I agree Siq....

The face of the first sculpt is too round and full (when compared with Chaplin). It's got some nice similarities but not right on. On the other hand, the second serious sculpt has a better, thinner face, but the expression is off...he looks ticked off! Maybe it would be a nice figure to display if you have relatives that are coming over to visit that you don't like :)

a97f1d30b4d01eb7a88bb6d98644d7f1.jpg

Yeah that was the first thing I noticed on the smiling sculpt. Its way too round. It would be nice if his eyes were movable to give him a more dynamic range of emotion. I have their first release. I'm still on the fence about this one.

This figure looks almost perfect! The face looks fuller because this figure is based on the film City Lights (1931), one of the last films with the tramp character (that's why the mustache is short, he's wearing a bow tie instead of a regular tie, and the gloves and flower). He was heavier in that film than he was in his earlier movies. Also, the expressions are great and capture the character in City Lights. He usually looks sad in PHOTOS, but if you watch the films, he smiles a lot. Also, I think he uses a shorter hat in City Lights, at least in the beginning. In my opinion, the first figure looked mored like Arian Brody in makeup...but that's just me.

You are so right, Sean. I also don't know why they would make a Chaplin specific to "City Lights". They should have made one like he appeared in "The Kid" and numerous films from the silent days, regular neck tie and a taller derby.

I agree Siq....

The face of the first sculpt is too round and full (when compared with Chaplin). It's got some nice similarities but not right on. On the other hand, the second serious sculpt has a better, thinner face, but the expression is off...he looks ticked off! Maybe it would be a nice figure to display if you have relatives that are coming over to visit that you don't like :)

a97f1d30b4d01eb7a88bb6d98644d7f1.jpg

He had a round/full face when he was older. That picture is from when he was younger and thinner. This figure however, is from City Lights, and he was a bit older and a bit heavier :)

1931 (same year City Lights was release)

It's a nice figure, especially for Chaplin fans like myself. A couple things I notice right off, though: The derby is accurate, kind of, to what he wore in a few pieces:
charlie-chaplin_l.jpg
but jungle jom is right that he did usually wear larger derbys as he could get much more comic effect from them. As far as the smiling sculpt, they straight missed the mark. Not in a "there's something not quite right" kind of way, but a "hey, who's that dressed up like Charlie Chaplin?" kind of way. The mouth may be the closest thing, but the nose, cheeks and eyes are pretty far off. Honestly, it's probably a difficult task to nail Chaplin's face. I give 'em cred for trying and it's not like Hot Toys is jumping on the Chaplin license as of yet, so it's the best we've got. Hopefully they'll give it another shot again sometime soon.
Chaplin Smile.jpg
One possibility we have with the much better "angry" face sculpt now that a pretty darn accurate 1/6 Bell & Howell camera is available is to do a throwback pose to the final shot of "Kid Auto Races in Venice" where Charlie mean mugs the camera.
Chaplin Mugging in Kid Auto Races.jpg
Although The Little Tramp may not be known for looking angry, he was actually quite an ill-tempered character in his first few years, especially at Keystone. He kicked dogs, pushed children and was often engaged in fisticuffs with those he either bullied or was bullied by. I was actually shocked when I acquired all his films (except "Her Friend the Bandit" which no one has a copy of yet... everyone check your grandparent's attic!) and watched them in chronological order, seeing the progression of the Tramp as Chaplin realized he could do more and "say" more with him than he had originally intended. The lovable Tramp didn't truly surface until much later.

Oh, and Stanlore, the cane has some bendability, but I wouldn't press your luck with it. It feels pretty fragile.

Back