Your Top 5 movies of Summer 2009

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No particular order:
Up
Drag Me to Hell
Hurt Locker
District 9
Inglorious Basterds

District 9
Star Trek
The Hangover

The ones I enjoyed enough to put on a list. Should be interesting to see where Avatar will land.

Only in the order they came out:

Star Trek
Drag Me To Hell
Up
Harry Potter
G.I. Joe
District 9
Inglourios Basterds

Couldn't settle on 5 so I put my favorites for the whole summer.

Wish I had seen the Hangover and Hurt Locker

Last edited:
1. Star Trek
2. Harry Potter
3. Up
4. District 9

I think those are the only ones I saw the whole summer, besides Transformers 2, which doesn't even deserve to be on this list.

So far i feel that Star Trek was the best, think the rest i watch was kinda lame.

I feel like its one of the most overrated movies of all time. I really hated it and I have no idea why, I like Star Trek alot as well as most of the cast. Just didn't feel right to me.

District 9
Hurt Locker
Moon
Inglorious Basterds
The Hangover

And as far as older flicks I got to see in the theatre this summer,

Raiders of the Lost Ark
Ghostbusters
Dr. Strangelove
The Goonies
Back To The Future

Star Trek, Up and District 9 were good.

Harry Potter and Angels & Demons were OK.

G.I. Joe, Terminator Salvation, Wolverine and Ice Age 3 were flawed but watchable.

Transformers 2 was a letdown, as was Night at the Museum 2 and Bruno--the only three that were a waste of money and don't ever need to be seen again (by me).

Have yet to see Public Enemies and Inglourious Basterds.

Didn't/won't see G-Force, Julie & Julia or Drag Me To Hell.

1. Star Trek

2. The Hangover

3. Terminator Salvation (a distant third)

And that's the end of my list.

This summer has been a huge disappointment overall. My wife and I are hoping to catch Inglourious Basterds today, and there's still Halloween 2 next week...but the jury's still out on whether I'll like either of them.

What I do know is that Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen is one of the biggest summer disappointments for me in years!

Thats my exact list too ............ I still haven't seen Inglourios Basterds or Public Enemies though.

You can't say "everything sucked" because you were disappointed by 2 films you knew were going to suck anyway (Transformers 2 and GI Joe).

Whoa Whoa Whoa... Now were just making stuff up. I did not say 'everything sucked'. I only said Transformers 2 Sucked.

I DID say this year's summer films felt dissappointing compared to the movies released last year.

Disappointments:
1.)I liked Star Trek but I felt the Epicness of the opening sequence made the rest of the action sequences look dull. Infact I'm not sure if I really want it on DVD.
2.)Wolverine was a step backwards in the Marvel related movies. It was terrible but it didn't exactly sucked.
3.)GI Joe was the exactly the same as Team America: World Police. I felt like I was ripped off because I was paying to see a movie I owned at home
4.)Bruno was funny for just one time. They literally looked like they ran out of material.
5.)Terminator Salvation was fun but it wasn't Terminator. Bale lack any emotion.
6.)Year One was one of the biggest disappointments of the summer. Maybe I was expecting alot from Harold Ramis.
7.) Land of the Lost... wow just wow I couldn't believe that was the best they could do... ugh

I can go on and on and on. But I won't

Back