Your Shelves Suck

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hope that's one Lobo he keeps moving around and not one person with a ton of Lobos! Props to him, but...think of the children! :lol

All in all, this is super sick. I have to agree with Boot, though. With this kind of bacon, you'd think it would be a lot of custom stuff and real movie props.

I have to agree with Boot, though. With this kind of bacon, you'd think it would be a lot of custom stuff and real movie props.

If it were me, there wouldn't be any statues. There might be a few 1:1 pieces, but I'd still be interested in 1/6 figures. You can't deny what the heart wants. ;)

This dudes place is CRAZY! Looks great but I concur I would be a custom whore If I had this kinda dough not necessarily SS stuff. No denying the passion for the hobby though.

I almost don't believe that's an actual house! It's crazy :horror

That said, I would not feel comfortable with it being entirely open like that. Would attract thieves....considering the horror stories for some poor collectors on this forum. But wow, incredible nonethless. The design overall is magnificent.

I've gotten the impression from him that this place is in a very remote location. Not in the US.

I thought dusting my collection was bad...

Ditto that... I had 4 JYSK double door Detolf style display cases. Dusting them all the time wasn't fun, felt more like a chore. Most of my stuff back then was carded and loose 5 3/4" figures. Over the years I got tired of it til I ended up moving and packed them away in storage.

This glass display house appears quite high-end... I'm guessing the owner has a hired maid/butler to go cleaning the glass and dusting all the contents... Or unless there's a very high-end air filtration system built in for the central house, if not a seperate one built into the display cabinets to continually cycle continously filtered air. Majority of those floor to ceiling display cases looks like hinged glass doors, same idea as a Detolf.

But hey, everyone has their own preference to collecting and displaying their collectables. Some people collect toys, coins, stamps, plates/dishes, decorative spoons, salt & pepper shaker ornaments (my grandmother was big into that one with wooden wall hangers), antiques (insert antique collection whatever type/range here), dolls, china dolls, sports cards, comics, guitars, automobiles, real and/or replica movie props etc... Those of us here on the forums collect figurines anywheres from ~4" - lifesize scale and its all cool :)

Most of the glass walls have panels on the outside that can open/close to cover them. If you notice in some shots, other glass walls have interior rolling shades.

A few other bits: i always said a great collection has volume, quality, rare or custom pieces, and great display.

Im not knocking this person. This collection is the best statue collection ive ever seen. And part of that is the house. But these all seem like commercially available pieces. Nothing unique or rare. Unlike say some of the customizers here who will put out a run of 30 for character x for $900 ea. i dont see that here.

Also, i know the sunlight was discussed, but what about moisture and rain? Having all this stuff just exposed doesnt seem like the best way to do this.

But it is a masterpiece collection and gets an A in my book.

but what about moisture and rain? Having all this stuff just exposed doesnt seem like the best way to do this.

Everything is indoors - you can also see the big duct work for what I'm sure is a state-of-the-art HVAC system.

Everything is indoors - you can also see the big duct work for what I'm sure is a state-of-the-art HVAC system.

When+it+comes+to+his+funeral+I+sincerely+hope+that+_3fb1ad6f4ccc18f1f462030a93ce3487.jpg

Back