Your Opinions- What is better- MK III BD or MK IV?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

spindrift

Super Freak
Reaction score
I have both figures- IV is just amazing! BD MKIII was my favorite- still love the stuff it has- MKIV better proportions though.
What is the better MK if you had to keep just one? What will have a better resale value in a year or two?
(MKII amazing high prices lately, notice?)
Gary

NO DOUBT Mark IV. I have both and MIII BD already looks completely obsolete compared to MIV. MIII BD has a pinhead and is waaaay too skinny compared to MIV. MIV is THE BEST Red/Gold IM figure released so far.

I have MI, MII, MIII BD and War Machine and I would say MIV is up there with MI as the best Iron Man figures released to date. The only reason Im keeping MIII BD is I want all the armors and theres no alternative at this point.

But MIII BD looks silly now compared to MIV.

NO DOUBT Mark IV. I have both and MIII BD already looks completely obsolete compared to MIV. MIII BD has a pinhead and is waaaay too skinny compared to MIV. MIV is THE BEST Red/Gold IM figure released so far.

I have MI, MII, MIII BD and War Machine and I would say MIV is up there with MI as the best Iron Man figures released to date. The only reason Im keeping MIII BD is I want all the armors and theres no alternative at this point.

But MIII BD looks silly now compared to MIV.

:goodpost: ^THIS and im only keeping my MK.3 BD is to pose it with Iron Monger if he is ever released.

Otherwise like the others have said, get the MK IV no question!!

I think there are a lot of haters out there. The haters are those who were slow to pick up MARK III when it was released and had to settle for Mark IV. I do not have one in hand, but the pics make the IV looks cartoonish and silly. The MARK III looks like something a superhero would really use if he existed in the real world.

Now the case is closed. Thread over.

I hope you're being sarcastic, or got the III and IV mixed up, lol

I think there are a lot of haters out there. The haters are those who were slow to pick up MARK III when it was released and had to settle for Mark IV. I do not have one in hand, but the pics make the IV looks cartoonish and silly. The MARK III looks like something a superhero would really use if he existed in the real world.

Now the case is closed. Thread over.

:thwak

Picture004.jpg

:thwak

Anyone in their right mind would pick mark IV. I think mark III BD version is the worst of all the IM armors released by HT thus far.

I'd like to say that they are both great figures but the BD Mark III has given me nothing but bother since I bought it. Firstly, the neck wasn't painted correctly and the right air brake would not fit in easily and I ended up breaking it. Then I tried to pull the fist to the ground pose and I couldn't get it without him looking silly. The long neck is a real bother and doesn't help the look of the BD mask being slightly elongated. Then when I decided to have the missile pods released the left piece of armor came off and and I had to reglue it. I wasn't going to get another Iron Man but because of the condition it is in it has swayed me. It's a shame really because I like the design of the Mark III a little better.

I've never had an issue with skinny waist, gaps between the arms or the bally legs. I've always posed him fine in positions that don't give that illusion. There are some really unflattering pics here. I'm sure thats only if you photograph him straight on. I'll have the Mark IV next week (hopefully) and I just want it to better than the Mark VI (or as good as).

Interesting replies! I have both, as I said overall MKIV easily is better proportioned, etc. I just like the features BD has such as the shoulder rockets and arm gauntlet. The display stand is good and I PREFER the exposed chest mechanisms better than MKIVs. See my dilemma? Some festures nicer on BD plus yes, you need him for a battle with Monger!
I was thinking of selling my extra BD to get funds for MKVI...now I'm not sure. BD prices are around $250 on the Bay and i wonder if prices will drop now that IV has been released.
Gary

If I had to pick one or the other I'd go with the Mark IV. Its the cooler looking piece, has better articulation, is the most impressive of the two.

I was thinking this same question last night, im glad the post is here. I have a opportunity to get a SS Exclusive M3 BD with the crushed helmet for $250 but I have decided to get the Mark 4 instead. I was able to get if for $160 so the $90 i saved I said what the hell, here is another $70 and I have a war machine. They will be in next week.

Having seen both in hand I would say that the Mark 4 is a slightly better figure, but if I could only keep one of them it would be the Battle Damaged Mark 3. I prefer the design of the Mark 3 in the films and it is the iconic suit of the first movie, which I liked considerably more than the second.

Mark IV is far more superior than Mark III BD hands down ..bar none! I have them both and thinking of selling my Mark III BD as I only want 1 Mark III in my collection and for me, the original Mark III is more accurate than it's BD version.

Mark IV is far more superior than Mark III BD hands down ..bar none! I have them both and thinking of selling my Mark III BD as I only want 1 Mark III in my collection and for me, the original Mark III is more accurate than it's BD version.

Why do you feel the original MKIII is more accurate? I actually think the maroon color on the original is closer to what you see in the first movie, my opinion.

Sell something else and keep both. I am keeping BD Mark3.. Will pose him with the damaged plates and EX crushed helmet.

It's sad. While the Mark IV looks amazing and seems to be the obvious better figure, Iron Man I blows the sequel out of the water. That is why I am happy to keep my original MIII. A decent figure based on a classic design from a far superior film.

If HT could release a new Mark III with more accurate sculpt and paint job, I'd be down for one. I know that such an announcement would probably anger about 95% of collectors, but I think both attempts from HT on the Mark III armor has been shoddy. The design deserves better, and so does the first film. They struck it out of the park with the Mark I, the Mark III deserves the same, I feel.

mark IV is great considering the hype of the hs and donut... but the chest plate is just cartoonish for me... like the bd armor better but still must keep both hehehe

Mar IV is obviously the best of the two, but that is just because there was a Mark III whose flaws HT could learn from. I agree with plasmid, it would be great if Mark III could eventually be redone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back