Your opinion about signed posters on Ebay

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its not a poster and its gonna cost more but the Topps Auto cards are a great way of getting a sig from a fav LOTR actor. You do miss out on meeting the person but not all can have the chance to meet these actors.

BTW pass on those forged posters.

Except for the question whether autographs like these are fake or not, I wouldn't want a signed item that wasn't signed with me there in person, a part of the charm of collecting autographs for me is that you have a storybehind each signature. To just buy a piece of paper with them on it would mean nothing to me.

Thanks for all your inputs!

I understand your points about the story behind getting autographs in person and all, I am well aware of that.

I do enjoy the few signatures I have received in person, but in this case I was only looking for some background decoration. I thought a signed poster would look cooler than just a plain poster - and for around $ 75, I guess it would have been ok.

But anyways, I have now decided not to go for it.

After bidding low amounts on some of these posters and not winning them, I still got 2nd chance offers for each single one, even if I was only the 13th highest bidder, so although the sellers claim they have only one poster, they probably have a whole shelf full of them that they offer anybody that was bidding.

Also, none of them could provide any of their "detailled information about the poster" etc. they would not have been able to provide anything but a "certificate of authenticity", abviously issued by themselfes.

On top of that, for some reason, almost all of the poster seller smake bidding private, to "protect your privacy"...

I may start working on a signed poster myself, but I know it will be a difficult task at this point in time. Maybe in a few years...:eek:

Gondor59 said:
My son won a poster signed by Elijah Wood in a Burger King contest.

Cool! :cool:

If he doesn't like it because he doesn't have a story to tell about it or because it was not signed while he was there, too - just send it my way...:D

goliath said:
Cool! :cool:

If he doesn't like it because he doesn't have a story to tell about it

I think the story is that he won it in a Burger King contest. That doesn't happen every day. Pretty cool.

Lynxje said:
Except for the question whether autographs like these are fake or not, I wouldn't want a signed item that wasn't signed with me there in person, a part of the charm of collecting autographs for me is that you have a storybehind each signature. To just buy a piece of paper with them on it would mean nothing to me.

A bit paranoid. The actors do sign the cards. Some people would be happy to slap a lawsuit if not.

And again, the whole "I wasn't there" thing is a choice made by collectors some don't mind others do.

Back