Your Oct/Halloween movie list

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This year, my goal is to finally watch the Predator & Alien movies. I have seen plenty of Nightmare on Elm Streets, Friday the 13ths, and Halloweens to get me by this year. I haven't seen any Predator or Alien movies whatsoever. I winded up picking up Predator tonight at Walmart to get the ball rolling...If there are any sequels that I should avoid, please let me know....

People talk all kinds of ^^^^ about them, including me :lol, but TBPH, for one point or another, every single movie in both those franchises, including the AVPs are worth a shot. My advice would be to start with the earliest (Aliens) and move along according to the years of release. Best Buy sells a bundle with everything in it for relatively cheap compared to just how many movies you get with it.

I disagree nam...My suggestion would be to move backwards through movie series. Start with the most recent and work your way back to the first. As long as you are still familiar with plots and that sort of thing, this is a good way to reward yourself with a classic after watching all the horrible sequels.

In addition to all the michael, jason, and freddy movies my October list has grown. So far I've watched:
Phantom of the paradise, bram stokers dracula, Laid to rest, The hills run red, I drink your blood, and I eat your skin.

and still going..

Thus far, I've finished in this order:

A Nightmare on Elm Street
Planet Terror
Zombieland
Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning (2006)
Texas Chainsaw Massacre (2003)

And it looks like the next one I'll check off the list is They Live

Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown
Disney's Legend of the Headless Horseman
The Tales from the Darkside Episodes Halloween Candy and Trick or Treat
Hocus Pokus
Sleepy Hollow
A Nightmare on Elm St.
Poltergeist
Halloween 1,2 and 4
The Crow
Universal Frankenstein, Wolfman and Dracula

Trick r Treat baby!! The "new" classic Halloween horror flick!!!

what i have watched so far since the beginning of october...have to love walmart and target's $5-$7 horror movie displays...

creepshow
creepshow 2
fright night
halloween (couldn't wait...my brother had never seen it...seriously)
28 days later
return of the living dead
dawn of the dead
trick or treat
pumpkinhead

still have the fog, the howling, day of the dead, blair witch, friday the 13th parts 2-4, tcm, poltergeist and the great pumpkin to watch.

Just started watching Masters of Horror "Imprint" by Takashi Miike. It's really interesting so far...the acting is quite horrendous but the writing, plot and overall atmosphere is terrific. Very immersive story that brings you into a very strange and twisted world.

The story is about a man who fell in love with a prostitute in Japan. He promised to her that he would return and take her back to America to start a new life. He wasn't able to find her when he returned and discovers from a horribly scarred prostitute that she had killed herself because she thought he'd never return.

Good stuff, gory, creepy, well written (though not necessarily well acted) I'd recommend checking it out for fun.

I've seen so far...
TCM remake
28 days later
28 weeks later
Vacancy
Vacany 2
Zombieland
Trick r Treat

there will be 3 more flicks this weekend.

what i have watched so far since the beginning of october...have to love walmart and target's $5-$7 horror movie displays...

creepshow
creepshow 2
fright night
halloween (couldn't wait...my brother had never seen it...seriously)
28 days later
return of the living dead
dawn of the dead
trick or treat
pumpkinhead

still have the fog, the howling, day of the dead, blair witch, friday the 13th parts 2-4, tcm, poltergeist and the great pumpkin to watch.

Fantastic list, man! :rock

So far ive watched...

Creep Show
Laid to Rest
Altered
Friday the 13th Remake
The Mist

Im still going so we'll see what pops up next.

how did you like Laid To Rest? I hear mixed reviews.

Yeah I heard mixed reviews also so I was sure what to expect. I thought it was ok, nothing really new or aw inspiring. The kills were pretty cool. It was interesting but again to me just another run of the mill slasher. The whole camera on the shoulder and the skull mask were probably the most original thing about it, but the skull mask to me was a little overated. Id say its worth a watch though Morbach.

I just watched Zombiemania a documentary on zombie films and the zombie genre. Pretty good also, interviews with Romero, Savini, and they cover a pretty wide variety of zombie subject matter. Its definetly worth a watch as well.

Anyone have any suggestions for werewolf movies. I've seen all the obvious ones but am ashamed about how few other then that I've seen.

Surprised no one mentioned Wolfen...while not a true werewolf movie (more of a skinwalker theme) its a fantastic film and it has the ever dependable Albert Finney and was based on a Whitley Strieber novel. We'll worth a movie rental.

My Halloween movie list:

Halloween (Carpenter's)
Suspiria (great movie soundtrack)
The Wolfman
The Mummy
The Thing (both versions)
Count Yorga
The Exorcist
The Fog
Bram Stoker's Dracula
Blood from the Mummy's Tomb

For starters, I honestly spend my working hours at my home office so there is usually a horror film on in the background most of the day.

Evan

I have to watch Hellraiser 2 at some point....I dont know why.

But I HAVE to watch Halloween 3, and Trick 'r Treat. HAVE TO.

Trick 'r Treat
Friday the 13th Remake
Halloween
My Bloody Valentine

These are the one's i'll be watching.

This Halloween I'm gonna catch up on as much classic horror as I can, I need to see a couple Freddys and Jasons.

Back