Action Figure Your first ever Star Wars figure/s

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had to look up the brand. Looks like the brand was JusToys, they were the bend-ems. I had (or maybe have still somewhere) Luke, Chewbacca, C3PO, R2-D2, Obi-Wan, and Darth Vader. After that the Kenner Power of the Force figures. Have a bunch of those.

Power Of The Force, Jedi Luke, Sandtrooper and Boba Fett.

1/6 would have been the Sideshow Maul.

I don?t have any photos, but when I was about 4-5, one of my neighbors gave me his collection of Star Wars figures that came out in the 90?s. I don?t remember all of them, but the set included Yoda, C3PO, R2 (I think), Maybe Luke, Darth Vader, Han Solo, and the Millennium falcon with the back flap and the hood of the cockpit missing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kenner Vintage Darth Vader action figure. My mom bought it for me after taking me to see Jedi when it came out in the theaters during the re-release in '85.

It was most certainly a 12 back but no clue what it was. I would have been 3. What i do remember though was an entire rack of star wars figures, I mean a mountain of figures, and i wonder if i had bought all of them how much could i sell them for today? Then the realist tells me i would have opened all of them and firecrackered their thumbs off.

I still have the telescoping luke, vader, and kenobi.

Mine was Luke and Chewy. I had them all fanned out in front of me the whole first wave. Mom was upstairs in the movie theater waiting and I remember not being able to decide because they all looked so cool. Her bf at the time Paul yelling at me to choose two and let's go cause we were gonna miss the movie because it was starting.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

mine was when I was 4yrs old,day after I got my tonsils out.
Mum and Dad had left me in hospital overnight and the very next day when they came to get me,they gave me my very first figures...Han Solo(big head),Princess Leia,R2D2 and Luke X wing pilot.
Australia was awesome for figure collecting in the late 70s and early 80s..from Vinyl cape Jawa,Yak Face and the super rare Nikto with Warok POTF coin.
Needless to say that day when I was 4 started it all for me.Thanks to my Dad.
Still collecting to this day,but more so Hot toys than Kenner/Hasbro.

Screenshot_20200127-073722_Gallery.jpg

I was six or seven when I first saw Empire. Luke never left my side... about 35% of the paint wore off of this guy.
Hammerhead, Greedo and Power Droid were next I believe.
I still have my R2, Power Droid and 2nd Boba Fett - only God knows where the blaster went. Also I still have Slave I missing the hatch door and a cracked Solo in Carbonite.

A8CEFF1A-FCE6-44F6-A4E9-C0DC7C2EABBC.jpeg
Not my photo*

Easter 1979 I woke up and my basket had Kenner Vader, Ben, Leia, Greedo, Hammerhead, and Jawa in it (my parents opened them and had them displayed in a row along the back of the basket.)

That Christmas I got the X-Wing Fighter with X-Wing Luke and also Han's blaster.

Last edited:
Oh man...curveball time. I think my first two were ROTJ Luke and Vader in this weird little PVC statue line in the 90s. Hasbro didn't make them, and I can't for the life of me think of the company that did. But they both were static and had a little round foot base stand. The same company made figures from tons of properties like this. Just static, little PVC pieces about the same size as the 3.75" line from Hasbro.

Edit: APPLAUSE. That was the company that made them. Just found them on an image search.

'77 Kenner Darth Vader. I pestered my mother for days after the movie came out. She begrudgingly bought one for me at Simpson Sears for $1.99.

It must have been a re-release of the film you saw because the figures didn't start coming out till after that Christmas IIRC. That was the reason they made the cardboard "placeholder" available for purchase for the Xmas holidays to have something to put under the tree.

I don't remember exactly which figure was my first, but I have a feeling it was C-3PO because I seem to remember having to choose only one initially, and I think my friend got Luke and I would likely have been motivated to either get Leia or 3PO.

The latter because, having collected highly articulated and larger Mego superhero figures as a five-seven year old as well as getting older 12" G.I. Joes at the flea market, as a ten year old I immediately recognized how slapdash and crappy these highly anticipated figures were. All the major characters, like Vader, looked like something you would get out of a ceral box in comparison to what action figures used to be. The only one that was even halfway decently realized in terms of likeness (and that didn't need a cheap plastic cape/poncho) was 3PO.
If it was the former, it was simply because I was always smitten with pretty girls, and the female form, long before puberty. If Leia wasn't my first figure, she was probably the second.

I do remember that it was a big deal when these figures were finally released . I don't know how in those pre-internet/ pre 24 hr cable news days, but we knew the day the stores were scheduled to get the first figures in, and that evening, after school, was a mad rush by all my peers and their parents in the small town's lone department store.

If you can call it a figure, i think the first sw toy/figure i was given was a LFL Yoda pencil sharpener. I never had any of the kenner figures unfortunately, most of my toys were from different 80s cartoons, not movies

One of those lightsaber spoons you got in cereal boxes. This was around the time of ROTS.

I remember as a kid playing heavily with 3P0 and R2, back in the 80s. I don't think I ever had any of the vehicles, not until the late 90s with the power of the force line.

Back