Your Collection.... Family Heirloom?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bodie The Cursed said:
I want my collection burned along aside my body. :monkey4

Wow..... so dramatic??? With someone singing the hymn like what Eowyn did for Theodred too???

They will be placed inside my Pyramid along with my wine cellar, my female harem, war chariot and all the other possessions I will need in the afterlife.

In the spirit of this thread.. enjoy:

“A Testament To Obsession” (498 words)

His father was pushing 70. Totally believable that he’d forgotten to take his car in for a regular check-up. It had been a long-formulated plan, ever since the spring of 2004, when he first saw the Balrog, Witch King and Cave Troll in his father’s den. When he proclaimed that he wanted to get himself those as well, all he got was snickering. “My 40 year-old, unmarried son… do you have $4000 lying around that I don’t know of?” Seething like an orc sniffing a wounded elf, he never forgot his father’s contempt.

Since exploring the world of Sideshow Collectibles, he realized he had missed the boat. His father had been in it from the beginning. The list went on and on. Watcher in the Water. Orthanc. Strider. Stone Trolls. Moria Orc Archer. Sam and Bill. He didn’t really care for Sam and Bill but the fact that he was rare, even if unnumbered and no one really had a clue how many had been made, it called to him. He wanted it, oh yess Preciouss. The Ringwraith and Steed he had barely managed to obtain for $500. And he had a collection of orc busts he was able to get for below retail on eBay. He also had collected all four Wall Plaques but strangely enough, they were well below their original value, nobody wanted them. Strange. But Balrog of Moria, Witch King, Cave Troll? How would he be able to obtain those? Of course he could take up a job and earn money to buy them at collector’s prices on eBay but… naah, not an option.

So what to do, what to do… his father always nagged him, about working for a living, always threatening to cut off his pocket money, and he even did once, the bastard! Ha, he showed him! His father was a clean-cut man and after two weeks of refusing to shower, shave, brush teeth or change clothes, pocket money was reinstated.

Tinker a little bit with the car, wait for time to do the rest and his father was bound to get into an accident sooner or later. It finally happened.

He sat in the lawyer’s office, trying his best to repress his joyous emotions about his impending inheritance, dreaming of being surrounded by the preciousss statues and busts of Sideshow.

The lawyer commenced: “As to my well-known addiction to my Lord of the Rings statues from Sideshow, I declare the following: I loved them so much, they gave me a great joy in my twilight years. You could say they made me feel like a King of Twilight.”

The lawyer frowned briefly, as the inheritor rolled his eyes in impatience.

“I wish for the boxes of my collectibles to be used for my cremation. The statues, busts, helms and environments shall be buried with me, to keep me company. My only son shall receive the Sideshow Wall Plaques. He always wanted to start his own collection. He really deserves those.”

Back