Your Best and Worst of 2018

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Infinity war was good and entertaining BUT it was basically a end to 20 movie production. It can’t stand by itself without all the movies from the past.

I wouldn't hold that against it, especially not if I'd been enjoying the preceding movies.

Best: Ballad of Buster Scruggs, Solo, Infinity War, Spiderverse.
Worst:Mission Impossible whatever

I honestly don't see how anyone thinks Mission Impossible Fallout was bad.

It was a tad long.... that was my only complaint. Half hour shorter and it would have been about perfect.

Other then the first one I tend to think all of the need to have better third acts.. Well accept the 2nd one. That needs a better everything.

I wouldn't hold that against it, especially not if I'd been enjoying the preceding movies.

I think what he meant is that IW (from a narrative standpoint) can't stand on its own two feet without most of the preceding 20 movies to back it up, irregardless how good or bad the preceding movies were. Imagine IW being released today but without all of the previous MCU films - it would just be considered a plotless barrage of pretty pictures. But I did love it myself.

I think what he meant is that IW (from a narrative standpoint) can't stand on its own two feet without most of the preceding 20 movies to back it up, irregardless how good or bad the preceding movies were. Imagine IW being released today but without all of the previous MCU films - it would just be considered a plotless barrage of pretty pictures. But I did love it myself.

Fortunately only non-fans need to concern themselves with judging the film on its own merits. I mean, I don't know why anyone who is a fan and has been enjoying the previous films would feel a need to try to separate Infinity War from everything that went before. Someone who does that is kinda missing the whole point of this endeavour :lol

Fortunately only non-fans need to concern themselves with judging the film on its own merits. I mean, I don't know why anyone who is a fan and has been enjoying the previous films would feel a need to try to separate Infinity War from everything that went before. Someone who does that is kinda missing the whole point of this endeavour :lol

I know a few people who fit that description, but thankfully most of them don't post here anymore.

Not that I had a problem with their opinions, but most of them were just rain clouds who contributed nothing of value to this place and beat up people who didn't agree with them.

I honestly don't see how anyone thinks Mission Impossible Fallout was bad.

It’s so cheesy. Too long, played so many angles yet was predictable & has Sandler films “aww shucks” built in too boot. JJ is far from the genius he gets credit for & a long way off from Del Palma.

Been a quiet year for movies for me, as I don't go to the cinema much, and my purchase history of blu-rays has been a little light too. Haven't really hated anything or been majorly disappointed.. but then I haven't gotten around to watching Predator or Venom or any of the typical disappointments.

Biggest Hit - Infinity War. Even though they killed off my favourite MCU character in 5 minutes. It had to happen.

Filler movie which proved to be average, yet enjoyable - Ant-Man and the Wasp. But that was the entire point of it. Unless they follow up Infinity with Endgame, they can't do a follow up that raises the stakes. Goofy family fun. I just find Scott Lang's humour to be the least enjoyable of the main MCU funny guys.

Overdoing the formula - Deadpool 2. Sorry Ryan the laughs are there but it got a bit stale towards the end.

I must be alone with this - Black Panther. Well made movie, but aside from MBJ doing a great job of the villain, I'm not sure what sets it apart from every other MCU origin movie. Still pretty much the same formula. They even had to throw in a depowering plot angle in the third act.

Genuinely let down - Equalizer 2. Only watched it a few days ago and probably my opinion is tainted by pretty bad things happening in my world at the moment, but it just didn't work. I love Denzel (Man on Fire is still one of my favourite revenge flicks), and I love revenge/vigilante/one man in small town movies (even if Statham or dare I say it Seagal are in the lead), but I didn't think it was particularly great.

It’s so cheesy. Too long, played so many angles yet was predictable & has Sandler films “aww shucks” built in too boot. JJ is far from the genius he gets credit for & a long way off from Del Palma.

You're entitled to your opinion about JJ, but considering he was only a producer on Fallout (he neither wrote nor directed it, same as Rogue Nation) I think his "genius" had little bearing on its quality.

Great: Avengers IW

Good: BP, MI: Fallout

Average: Ready Player One, DP2, A Quiet Place

Bad: Solo

Awful: Venom, Antman and the Wasp

Best

1. Infinity War
2. Spider-Man Into the Spider-Verse
3. Searching

Worst
1. Venom
2. The Nun
3. Til Death Do Us Part

Solo was pretty bad as well

Best- Infinity War

Good- Antman and the Wasp

Surprisingly fun considering the hate- Venom

Meh- Solo

Bad- The Meg

Couple decent movies. Most everything else was meh. The Predator was absolute garbage.

But this was expected in 2018. Here's hoping 2019 continues the recent tradition of odd-numbered years delivering at least one sushi-grade blockbuster (2015's Fury Road, 2017's Blade Runner 2049).

Back