" You need Hans......."

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thundergod

Super Freak
Reaction score
This is hardly groundbreaking custom work , but as I've finally gotten around to tweaking my Solo figures I thought I'd share some pics . The "New Hope" was the first time I was REALLY disappointed with a Sideshow Star Wars figure and I always intended to switch it out to a HT or suchlike body . Anyway , the years passed and I never got around to it until this week when I found a couple of DML bodies I had stored away. I used a razor saw to separate the Sideshow Buck's wrists and then simply super-glued them to the DML's wrists .

A little more went into the "Empire" Han . I did exactly the same as with the first , but this time I added a headsculpt I cast myself from a mold of the Ep 4 head .

The paint job of Ep 5 Han's head isn't 100% done yet , but it's an improvement .

Nice work TG the anh han looks exceptionally good.............:clap

Both Hans look great. I just have the ANH and it looks like your work is gonna make me port him to a new body if nothing else.

I must admit , I'm pleased with the way they've turned out . I've had a few DML ( Dragon) bodies to hand since I collected/bashed military figures and have used them on a few customs , but you sort of get " sucked in " to the hype surrounding Hot Toys bodies and think that they are the only option if you want to "upgrade" from the Buck . Yes , they ARE the best and in a perfect world I'd use them on all of my customs , but the cost of them makes it impractical for me to use them every time . I've used a few TTL bodies and though they are a good cheaper alternative , they can sometimes suffer from q.c issues . The thing with DML is that they are consistent and I can't ever remember having any problems of frozen or loose joints , so I think that for the immediate future , DML will be my body of choice . Here starts the Revolution !:lol:lol

here is a couple of my captain solo photo`s and one with his co pilot
ATTACH=CONFIG]88818[/ATTACH]
han photo 2.jpg

Attachments

• han photo 1.jpg
    han photo 1.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 118
They're great ! I've seen the Chewie before and doing my own is on my "to-do" list . What's the origin of the "Empire" Han's headsculpt ?

Back