Yodacappy's Projects - Currently: Curio And Yoda's Hut UPDATE 6/17!!! Post #115

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Project #1 - Sideshow Curio

A lot of nice work there. I am a carpenter myself, so I can appreciate the work. Very nice indeed. I may need the blueprints. :p

On a bit of a hiatus, football season takes over around this time of year...:rock

Little bit longer break than I anticipated (life issues, ugh) but work should resume very soon!

Just getting this up there so I won't have to dig for it :)

Dude, can you put a latest pic up. Looking forward to seeing this work complete. Great idea too, wish I had the space.

Right now, the latest is up unfortunately but I'll make sure to update this every work session. I'm eager to get it finished and stocked!

Looks like I'm finally going to be able to get back to work on this project! Can't wait to see it finished, it's taken quite a long time.

Planned for tomorrow: Doing some detail work and some door work.

I'll take more pictures. Not sure how different it will look but work will be done. :)

Great day in the shop today.

First, we crafted a couple of wedges that will be used to conceal the parts in the bottom of the curio that enable it to be taken apart to move it.

Then we fabricated 10 guidance bearings from scratch (5 for the top and 5 for the bottom of the door) that will enable the door to be the sliding picture frame style.

Here is a picture of what one of those looks like:

Guidance_bearing.jpg

And then those are screwed into the bottom of the door frame and the top of the door frame and looks like this:

bottom_door.jpg

Next session (hopefully next Sunday) will be routing the inside of the door, measuring for glass and starting the preparation for the finishing steps!

The door was a MAJOR hurdle for us.

Doors sshmoors ya dont need door hahaha. Man I cant wait to see this all put together! I can already see Jabba sprawled out in there

wow....have you really been working on this thing for almost a year now....impressive to say the least....would love to see the final project....

wow....have you really been working on this thing for almost a year now....impressive to say the least....would love to see the final project....

Longer than that actually but it's weekends here and there, some scattered more than others and taking breaks for football season.

It really hit yesterday that it's almost done.

Next work day will be this coming Sunday and we'll be working on the door frame.

As a side project, my Star Wars room is currently getting a makeover in the way of me putting laminate flooring down Saturday. :)

Will take pics of it when it's done and refurnished. Unfortunately, the SS portion of it is all in their original shipping boxes until the beast is completed...lol

Here's the before shots of my Star Wars Room:

000_0194.jpg

Left side of the right hand wall (SW Novels)

000_0195.jpg

My 80" shelving with my 3 3/4 collection (well, most of it)

000_0196.jpg

Right side of the right hand wall (Junior novels, children's books, etc.)

000_0190.jpg

This is where the curio will go and all my Sideshow collection (well, most of it).

000_0189.jpg

The wall facing you from the door has a dresser currently that I use to store stuff and display stuff.

000_0186.jpg

The other short wall has the closet and a half book case with all my graphic novels in it.

Here's what I'm currently doing to the room tonight and tomorrow:

SW_Room.jpg

i love demolition................:yess:

oooowww cool and hell yeh demolition is fantastic.... its the beginning of something... and its great fun tooooo...

your curio is gonna be ace in there!! OWw i hope yopu can get it in through the door!

oooowww cool and hell yeh demolition is fantastic.... its the beginning of something... and its great fun tooooo...

your curio is gonna be ace in there!! OWw i hope yopu can get it in through the door!

When we planned it out, I measured the hallway and the door area, used a piece of cardboard as a mock model and realized there was no way that was going to happen so we figured out how to make it so that it will actually be assembled inside the room. The great part is that it can also be disassembled when the time comes for me to move!

I'm putting down laminate flooring today and hopefully moving everything back in if everything goes as planned.

Tomorrow will be more work on the curio! :thud:

i love demolition................:yess:

LOL, I didn't like it when I pulled up that carpet and found out they used particle board underlayment. There's a section that got wet so I'm having to replace it today before I get started. :gah:

Looking forward to seeing this finished, as I am sure you are. :)

You are going to have a blast setting everything up once your room is done. I couldnt wait to set all my stuff up a couple years ago when we were finishing our basement.

Looking good, looks like you have a great collection!

Ok, so today we built the door frame and cut the recess for the glass to set in. A couple of hiccups that we'll have to work out but that should be done soon.

Next step, is ordering the glass and doing some etching. After that, just a matter of doing the finishing!

Here's a picture of the door (sliding picture frame style). The ladder is there for scale, it's a 5 foot ladder.

Door.jpg

Back