• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Collector Freaks and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

YankeePlanet Scamming?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Legendary Hunter

Super Freak
Reaction score
Dear Fellow Freaks,

I am sure all of you know who YankeePlanet is. From what I've heard and from personal experience I can say he was a great and honest freak, but a situation has happened and I'm hoping someone can help me out. I have bought from YankeePlanet in the past and he has always shipped out on time.

This past August, I had YP place an order for me for a Shadow Predator from SS (since I was on vacation and this was before I realized that it was not a limited release), I then ordered one with my own SS account and had YP keep his order for my manager.

In October, YP asked me for payment as it was due to ship, so my manager (who has also bought from YP before) paid by paypal gift. YP then confirmed he will ship out the week after. Two weeks went by and nothing, I contacted YP and he said he ran into some family problems and two members were in the hospital, then he said he sent the figure out, but the address was wrong and it went back to his place and he will send it out again by USPS express mail, this was back in October, it is now December he just disappeared, he does not sign on here any more, nobody knows where he is.

The last time I spoke to him he said he was sorry for the delay and that he would make it right, then after that I did see that he signs on here every now and then but ignores my PM's. A few members told me he was having problems at home and tried to help me contact YP, but did not succeed.

I'm not saying YP is a scammer, but after months without contact and you took the money and didn't send the item and then you disappear, one can only assume the worst and I hope I am wrong.

Now my manager is furious and is wondering what can be done. Any help or information is greatly appreciated. Please PM me if you have any details.

Dear Fellow Freaks,

I am sure all of you know who YankeePlanet is. From what I've heard and from personal experience I can say he was a great and honest freak, but a situation has happened and I'm hoping someone can help me out. I have bought from YankeePlanet in the past and he has always shipped out on time.

This past August, I had YP place an order for me for a Shadow Predator from SS (since I was on vacation and this was before I realized that it was not a limited release), I then ordered one with my own SS account and had YP keep his order for my manager.

In October, YP asked me for payment as it was due to ship, so my manager (who has also bought from YP before) paid by paypal gift. YP then confirmed he will ship out the week after. Two weeks went by and nothing, I contacted YP and he said he ran into some family problems and two members were in the hospital, then he said he sent the figure out, but the address was wrong and it went back to his place and he will send it out again by USPS express mail, this was back in October, it is now December he just disappeared, he does not sign on here any more, nobody knows where he is.

The last time I spoke to him he said he was sorry for the delay and that he would make it right, then after that I did see that he signs on here every now and then but ignores my PM's. A few members told me he was having problems at home and tried to help me contact YP, but did not succeed.

I'm not saying YP is a scammer, but after months without contact and you took the money and didn't send the item and then you disappear, one can only assume the worst and I hope I am wrong.

Now my manager is furious and is wondering what can be done. Any help or information is greatly appreciated. Please PM me if you have any details.

Classic scammer lines.

Sucks that it came down to this. I've dealt with yankeeplanet before, but only as a seller, and he's been nothing but awesome.

Hope everything works out for you. Besides, if anything, he doesn't live TOO far.. you can always go on a witch hunt.. lol

Sucks that it came down to this. I've dealt with yankeeplanet before, but only as a seller, and he's been nothing but awesome.

Hope everything works out for you. Besides, if anything, he doesn't live TOO far.. you can always go on a witch hunt.. lol

Thanks bro, yeah he's in Jersey, only problem is I don't have his address. My manager is ready to drive down there in person and confront him, as soon as I figure out where he lives.

Looks like i have to update the Buy/sell rules again.

1. Don't deal internationally

2. Don't deal with members who joined after 2008

3. Don't deal with members with a joker avatar.

I, too, noticed how that guy disappeared like Keyser Soze. The hope is always that someone just loses interest and moves on. A real bummer if his disappearance was for other reasons. Paying as a gift is just a bad idea in most cases.

Looks like i have to update the Buy/sell rules again.

1. Don't deal internationally

2. Don't deal with members who joined after 2008

3. Don't deal with members with a joker avatar.

What about the few honest ones that joined after 2008? Thats a pretty general assumption that EVERYONE is bad...oh well, i guess rules are rules.

Those are sound rules to live by :lecture

Craw is like that guy from Dragnet.

Craw is like that guy from Dragnet.
Which one?

dragnet.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back