Yamato Toys USA Luis Royo DC Statues

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I decided to cancel this. I think the statue looks good, but it wasn’t what I ordered, and not what the artist intended. I’m hoping Yamato will put out a Royo variant sometime in the future. An unfortunate misstep for Yamato, however I’m still a fan of their statues.

Heres some updated pictures from Yamato Facebook... I was pretty sad how this statue turned out from earlier pictures.. But these pictures made me feel abit better.. Butstill not quite as good as proto.. I couldnt cancel my order since i've put points towards this as well as i would loose the NRD... Which is almost $90... Not sure what to do now but im guessing this would still be nice in their dc line.. I will be careful from now in with pre ordering... Every company seems to like to put an amazing Proto and just do a less than decent production... stares at sideshow...
12208536_995944643781896_4802491742854852000_n.jpg12226915_995944677115226_513381370272175923_n.jpg

That was a silly post made by Yamato. Their quote with it is, "Here are the photos of Wonder Woman taken at our warehouse with lighting." Yeah, clearly! Her hair is grey because the flash is so bright. The entire picture looks washed out because it's so bright and people are posting on Facebook, "Wow, that looks good now. Thanks for the update!" No, it's still terrible.

First, it's still nothing like the prototype. Nobody expects the prototype in terms of pure quality; however, unlike Harley and Catwoman, this became an entirely different statue in production. Second, who's going to display this with a flood light splashed on it to get these so called "better results"?

I mean, if you're happy with it, and don't mind that it's just an expensive 1/6th Wonder Woman statue now, then that's all good. But for Yamato to post pictures from the factory saying, "Oh see, she's not BAD...it was the terrible normal people lighting that people have in their homes that was making her look like a drug addict," is just stupid on their part.

That was a silly post made by Yamato. Their quote with it is, "Here are the photos of Wonder Woman taken at our warehouse with lighting." Yeah, clearly! Her hair is grey because the flash is so bright. The entire picture looks washed out because it's so bright and people are posting on Facebook, "Wow, that looks good now. Thanks for the update!" No, it's still terrible.

First, it's still nothing like the prototype. Nobody expects the prototype in terms of pure quality; however, unlike Harley and Catwoman, this became an entirely different statue in production. Second, who's going to display this with a flood light splashed on it to get these so called "better results"?

I mean, if you're happy with it, and don't mind that it's just an expensive 1/6th Wonder Woman statue now, then that's all good. But for Yamato to post pictures from the factory saying, "Oh see, she's not BAD...it was the terrible normal people lighting that people have in their homes that was making her look like a drug addict," is just stupid on their part.

That is so true with the Bright flash... =[

Guys, mine arrived today. It looks EXACTLY the same as the pictures shown in #157. I'm a little bit disappointed but it definitely turned out way better than I expected.
Not gonna resell it.

I'd say the paint job is as good as Harley Quinn but she doesn't have eye-shadowing and her skin has a darker tone which really makes the eyes look dull in comparison. The skin-tone is definitely darker compared to the prototype but one can argue that it's more comic-book accurate. Either way I'm quite happy with how it turn out to be. 7/10

Yamato has released a statement indicating they are returning these back to the factory to get them looking closer to the proto.

Ok, so now I'm conflicted - I have one on order, haven't picked it up. Should I tell my shop to return it, and hope that the replacement will be better, or even done? It wasn't cheap, and that's a lot of money to leave in flux? I find the statement vague!

poison ivy.jpg
poison ivy.jpg
I find Ivy's hair too big. Just a quick mock up on paint and I prefer it shorter/tamer.

The more I look at this Ivy, the more she looks like Gina Carano. Anyone else notice a resemblance?
gina-carano-deadpool.jpg

Back