XM Studios Ultron 1/4 Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not a fan of the metal panels ...or armor platings, if you will. It's just like XM's Hulkbuster.

I know XM wants to show a lot of details, but right now it just looks too busy. Too reminiscent of Bayformers.

I wish Ultron was made to look sleeker, perhaps less breaks in his armor.

I don't like this Ultron at all. Way too busy, the head is not a version I like. But, I'm a classic fan. This is very modern looking and the Bayformers reference is spot on. I guess the head is based of the Annihilation series, correct? This is the Ultron I prefer.
Ultron-Comic-version.jpg

The comic version of ultron is garbage. Love the character but his overall look is very very bland and boring and that works for comics but in terms of statues and movies the comic version doesn't work. Just my 2 cents though.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

The comic version of ultron is garbage. Love the character but his overall look is very very bland and boring and that works for comics but in terms of statues and movies the comic version doesn't work. Just my 2 cents though.

Agreed. Not everything translates well.

I think it translates pretty good to a statue, but hey, this is my opinion and your entitled to yours as well.
493137321_EbMdi-X2.jpg

Agreed. That pic looks like a hasbro Ultron IMO. If I'm going to spend top dollar, you can bet I want details.

Agreed. That pic looks like a hasbro Ultron IMO. If I'm going to spend top dollar, you can bet I want details.

Reminds me of the Marvel Select action figure which was $20.

Back on topic though, I actually think the third arm isn't bad on the XM statue.

ultron marvel select.jpg

This just doesn't say Ultron. I am not a fan of busy for the sake of busy. For those who like it great but for me it is a real disappointment.

Look like it's based off this art

attachment.php

See! ...At least this has less breaks in his armor panels/plating. It has more cohesiveness to it. It has a better shape to it, too.

compared to this:
56242660_213223338019pwkai.jpg

At some point, you want nice sleek lines. Simplicity ...or some sense of simplicity. Too much jagged edges ...too much gaps ...just takes away from the artistry. I like what someone said ..."don't add details just for the sake of adding details".

XM Studios News

- Offical XM Ultron 1/4 Statue Assembly Video -

"Ultron was created by the original Ant-Man, Doctor Henry ?Hank? Pym. Dr. Pym also founded the Avengers with his wife, Janet van Dyne (AKA the Wasp), whom Ultron would come to consider a mother. Inspired by his studies of Professor Gregson Gilbert?s synthetic being Dragon Man, Pym began experimenting with artificial intelligence. After building a structurally crude robot (a torso on tank treads with spindly arms), Pym endowed it with consciousness, using a copy of his own brain patterns as the basis for the robot?s programming. However, the robot inherited not only Pym?s great intellect, but his inherent mental instability?only without a human conscience."

XM Studios Facebook

GHeroes EU Master Distributor Facebook

I really like this statue and feel it could be the best Ultron we ever get, but don't know if I'm willing to foot the XM premium bill for it.

Back