XM Studios Thor 1/4 Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks nice except for the face.. For some reason Thor is so hard to capture a good facial sculpt. He sometimes looks too old, here he looks too young. Same with the full XM statue, I don't like any of the faces at all. The original Sideshow premium format is one of the best, sorry I passed on it way back when. I do also like the Bowen museum pose face on both classic & modern, as well as the 2 Bowen classic & modern Thor busts, and Sideshow's new modern face is nice, but don't like the pose. I'm loving the new Sideshow 1/5 statue, but it's not a comic costume but rather their own interpretation..

Pictures from Peeradon Kraikichrach - TCC 2017

XM Studios Facebook --- XM Studios Europe Facebook

17992005_102089250957qou44.jpg

18118442_102089250967x1ueh.jpg

18056855_1020892509715ru32.jpg

18058208_102089250983oauqg.jpg

18058060_1020892509900gu4c.jpg

18119590_102089250995b3up2.jpg

Stunning sculpt...killer pics Grumpy !

Heard this sold out in one minute...glad I got one.

That's what I heard also..wish Sideshow would get the Kucharek Brothers to do some work...the XM stuff is pretty hard to get for the US collectors.

Looks nice except for the face.. For some reason Thor is so hard to capture a good facial sculpt. He sometimes looks too old, here he looks too young. Same with the full XM statue, I don't like any of the faces at all. The original Sideshow premium format is one of the best, sorry I passed on it way back when. I do also like the Bowen museum pose face on both classic & modern, as well as the 2 Bowen classic & modern Thor busts, and Sideshow's new modern face is nice, but don't like the pose. I'm loving the new Sideshow 1/5 statue, but it's not a comic costume but rather their own interpretation..
I agree with your opinion with most Thor facial sculpts. I think the new avengers 1/5 Thor has an amazing face from sideshow. The OG bearded Thor is also well done. Bowen was a pro with Thor faces as well...

"With the Kucharek Brothers designing and sculpting them they will....."

Could not agree more....the level of design and sculpting on these by the legendary Kucharek's is nothing short of INCREDIBLE.
So glad I was able to secure one of each.

I spoke with them on Facebook and I think a Carnage bust could be in the works in the future from what they said

please please!

I'm so used to seeing busts that are cutoff at the shoulders and cutoff at the chest ...that seeing a bust with full arms and full torso just makes me think of it as an incomplete statue. And I'm so used to expecting the cutoff to be a clean cut ...that when its not, the bust looks like an amputee to me. I don't collect busts anyway, but I just can't shake the thought when I see these busts. Crazy, I know ....

I'm so used to seeing busts that are cutoff at the shoulders and cutoff at the chest ...that seeing a bust with full arms and full torso just makes me think of it as an incomplete statue. And I'm so used to expecting the cutoff to be a clean cut ...that when its not, the bust looks like an amputee to me. I don't collect busts anyway, but I just can't shake the thought when I see these busts. Crazy, I know ....

I agree. At this point, I'd rather have full statues. I have some old busts that I've bought in the past (when my collection was in its infancy and I didn't know what direction I was going) but it has been quite a while since I bought one.

i tend to agree with you guys about busts but the venom is the exception, it does not look weird without arms at all, the way the piece flows it just looks natural and like a piece of art rather than a character missing their limbs. the venom bust is the only bust i own.

Back