XM Studios Thanos

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was going to try and go the retail route as well because with this statue being five of six months away and at such a high price, you're risking a lot of money with no protection from paypal or your bank if you buy from a person now.
I've had a few people message me about buying from them and I'm sure that 99% of the members who would do that are great guys and would never rip someone off, that 1% to risk losing $1,100 or more with no recourse is just too great for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I meant there are other retailers in Asia, like simply toys etc., that'd you should look to instead of waiting for the US retailers to get it, because they might not.

Of course there are other ways to get it, but if you're not comfortable, wait for the Asian retailers to list it.

I meant there are other retailers in Asia, like simply toys etc., that'd you should look to instead of waiting for the US retailers to get it, because they might not.

I've been trying to learn the different retailers over there for that same reason haha

Thanos will probably be the only XM statue besides Wolverine that I'll get, at least for now. Missed out on Magneto and I don't want to get one Avenger cuz then I'll feel the need to get them all. Bring on the PO so I can get the mad dash over with!

I was going to try and go the retail route as well because with this statue being five of six months away and at such a high price, you're risking a lot of money with no protection from paypal or your bank if you buy from a person now.
I've had a few people message me about buying from them and I'm sure that 99% of the members who would do that are great guys and would never rip someone off, that 1% to risk losing $1,100 or more with no recourse is just too great for me.

Like Bmutha stated earlier...there are retailers like Simply Toys that allow you to pay with Paypal. Additionally, there are contacts on the board that allow you to put down deposits and pay for your purchase(s) with Paypal. I have had 4-5 folks contact me willing to secure XM pieces for me...all of which allowed payments through Paypal.

In other words, there are options out there that allow you the comfort of having Paypal protection. I make all payments via Paypal (I do not use the gift option). Additionally, every Paypal payment is backed by my credit card. In the event I have any issues, I can go through my credit card company (which is my preferred method as they can credit my account in 24-48 hours). Or I can go through Paypal directly....which in my opinion can take more time, but a satisfactory resolution can be reached.

There are retailers like Simply Toys that allow you to pay with Paypal. Additionally, there are contacts on the board that allow you to put down deposits and pay for your purchase with Paypal. I have had 4-5 folks contact me willing to secure XM pieces for me...all of which allowed payments through Paypal.

In other words, there are options out there that allow you the comfort of having Paypal protection. I make all payments via Paypal (I do not use the gift option). Additionally, every Paypal payment is backed by my credit card. In the event I have any issues, I can go through my credit card company (which is my preferred method as they can credit my account in 24-48 hours). Or I can go through Paypal directly....which in my opinion can take more time, but a satisfactory resolution can be reached.

Oh I'd have no problem with that if the statue was being shipped now but paypal only covers you for 45 days and my bank's protection is only 90 days.

Oh I'd have no problem with that if the statue was being shipped now but paypal only covers you for 45 days and my bank's protection is only 90 days.

That's exactly why I make my Paypal payments via my credit card. I know I have at least 90 days...and my CC company has indicated that that if necessary they can exceed that 90 day limit for long time customers. It was also suggested to me that if I get close to that 90 day mark, to call credit card company and let them know there could potentially be a problem. At the very least you would have something documented in your file that there may be a problem with you paying for an item you have not received.

Nonetheless...I hope you find a way to acquire these statues in a manner that minimizes any anxiety.

That's exactly why I make my Paypal payments via my credit card. I know I have at least 90 days...and my CC company has indicated that that if necessary they can exceed that 90 day limit for long time customers. It was also suggested to me that if I get close to that 90 day mark, to call credit card company and let them know there could potentially be a problem. At the very least you would have something documented in your file that there may be a problem with you paying for an item you have not received.

Nonetheless...I hope you find a way to acquire these statues in a manner that minimizes any anxiety.

It seems like any of us who buy an XM statue outside their sales territories will have a whole lot of anxiety haha

This statue does not light up, but I believe the XM Thanos has finer details compared to the SS Thanos. Someone posted a side-by-side pics of both of them in this thread. Forgot the post number, but the XM Thanos did have more detail to it.

This statue does not light up, but I believe the XM Thanos has finer details compared to the SS Thanos. Someone posted a side-by-side pics of both of them in this thread. Forgot the post number, but the XM Thanos did have more detail to it.

Can someone post up the pic again? I'm interested in seeing both Thanos side by side

Last edited:
Can someone post up the pica again? I'm interested in seeing both Thanos side by side

Wow ...it's hard searching for that pic. I can't recall any key words from that post.

If you really want to see it and have time, just look through the pages of this thread. Start from the last page going towards the first page. That post was fairly recent. Sorry man ...good luck.

Wow ...it's hard searching for that pic. I can't recall any key words from that post.

If you really want to see it and have time, just look through the pages of this thread. Start from the last page going towards the first page. That post was fairly recent. Sorry man ...good luck.

Guess I'm just going to have to go looking for it.
Thanks anyway

Back