XM Studios Quicksilver

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm still tracking the progress on QS, but I'm leaning more towards getting this. I'm really liking what I see so far.

10848642_10153018839839175_7391847145911588066_o.jpg

10869691_10153018839859175_6154450743764628330_o.jpg

10857260_10153018839854175_3835912630776049308_o.jpg

10818408_10153018839939175_5761796737733464080_o.jpg

This is brilliant - if only such creativity could be applied to the DD statue. :impatient:

Everyone else likes it so my guess is it's staying.

I don't understand why peeps even complain about the running pose. I think it looks phenomenal but for those that don't, XM is giving you a museum pose of the same character. This is a set. They are essentially giving collectors two 1/4 scale statues for the price of one. Peeps can just display the museum pose if the running pose doesn't do it for them.

I'm not a big Quicksilver fan but if I was, I'd be thrilled to PO this piece. I think both statues look excellent. I give XM BIG props for thinking outside the box and experimenting with the running pose. I love that they put so much creative effort into most of their pieces.

I don't understand why peeps even complain about the running pose. I think it looks phenomenal but for those that don't, XM is giving you a museum pose of the same character. This is a set. They are essentially giving collectors two 1/4 scale statues for the price of one. Peeps can just display the museum pose if the running pose doesn't do it for them.

I'm not a big Quicksilver fan but if I was, I'd be thrilled to PO this piece. I think both statues look excellent. I give XM BIG props for thinking outside the box and experimenting with the running pose. I love that they put so much creative effort into most of their pieces.

Well....... we don't know that they're for the price of one......... not to say that they won't be.

If I remember correctly, someone from XM themselves said that it is 2 statues for the price of 1. I don't remember anymore if they mentioned it on this or the other forum...

Well....... we don't know that they're for the price of one......... not to say that they won't be.

If I remember correctly, someone from XM themselves said that it is 2 statues for the price of 1. I don't remember anymore if they mentioned it on this or the other forum...

Yeah, I remember seeing an XM Rep saying that QS wil be priced as a normal piece and that we'd be getting both statues for essentially the price of one. If XM holds true on that, this statue (both of them) is a bargain and AWESOME looking.

Gotta be honest. Everytime I look at the running pose it looks wierder and wierder to me. Can't put my thumb on it.

Maybe there should be a bend at the elbow of the trailing arm.... It would be wasted motion to extend the arms on every stride. The way it is makes it look more like gliding than running... Like Olympic speed skater.

Everyone else likes it so my guess is it's staying.

Yeah, we'll see how many people drop $700 on that. That speed blur looks terrible. The running pose isn't bad but it's very difficult to convey speed lines in 3-D especially with a full complete figure. If you are going to convey speed in your design you need to simplify it. They are all over the map with that design. It's a hot mess. That little cloud thing in the back does not work at all. How about creating three more of the same figure but make them semi-translucent and somehow combine and step them together? I mean, if you're going to produce a 1/4 scale figure of a third tier character then you might as well go all out, right?

Just giving an opinion...which is what you and everyone else does on this board. And why not make one really great statue instead of two so-so statues? The standing pose looks fine but for $700 that dude needs to be running.

Back