[XM Studios] Phoenix

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree with you @peedi, we shouldn't have to shimmy out an entire piece from it's box ala SideShow style. You open a box, and pull out the pieces one by one carefully in it's layers. XM packages things right, even if their distribution is meant for asia only.

Got around to taking some pics so here are a few of them. No photshop or filters here, just good ol' long exposures and a flashlight. I had a lot of fun with this one.

IMG_3924_red.jpg

IMG_3924_white.jpg

I really like this piece, it's instantly one of my top 5 in my collection. Though, I am curious, what is the pheonix flame made out of? Is it a resin? Is it the same resin that XM's Thor spinning hammer was scrapped because of it's durability and weight? My concern is that upon putting her together, I saw that Jean is fixed into the flame and not the sentinel base at all. She's got a decent sized metal rod underneath, but I'm just wondering if anyone thinks that the peg hole in the flame will hold up overtime.

The peg hole on the resin Phoenix base is my main concern for this piece as well. The clear resin on the hammer was thin, and it developed cracks over time. Great pics btw and I really dig your reviews! Can't wait for your thoughts on this one.

Ahhhhhh! :love

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cool Pics DK. Man the more I see of her the more I really start to love this piece. She grows on you

The peg hole on the resin Phoenix base is my main concern for this piece as well. The clear resin on the hammer was thin, and it developed cracks over time. Great pics btw and I really dig your reviews! Can't wait for your thoughts on this one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Indeed. They destroyed all of them (999?) because cracks developed due to constant changes in room temperature. Hot then cold, repeat. But that's reality. It's not ideal to keep room temperature constant.
I hope this one doesn't suffer the same issue.

First of all, JEAN HAS GREEN EYES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Second, it isn't good. Yes, it "isn't bad," but for the price?
This could be WAY better. I am kind of disappointed.

Last edited:
I like it but need some adjustements on eyes.. they must be green not blue and on their position.. seems a bit cross-eyes.. like long hair bw..

Back