[XM Studios] Phoenix

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This statue is proof to me that sometimes ... Just sometimes continuing to work on a piece doesn't make it better. This portrait was perfection.

10496974_1396840477203314_810730390042134349_o.jpg

Wow perfection face here^ if this was the one made oh .... I would have to pay up for this so beautiful and strong looking! CUSTOMIZERS??? :wink1:

Wow perfection face here^ if this was the one made oh .... I would have to pay up for this so beautiful and strong looking! CUSTOMIZERS??? :wink1:

That is one of the top 5 portraits I have seen, and it would NOT be easy to get anything close to that. That and making custom heads for an XM statue CAN be trickier as at times they have changed molds and keys part way through a run.. Though that may have just been with their Hulk and Cap.

I'm really not happy now the final headsculpts look.
Hopefully someone makes a custom head that looks better, if not I think I'll definitely be selling this

I'm really not happy now the final headsculpts look.
Hopefully someone makes a custom head that looks better, if not I think I'll definitely be selling this

Having tackled a female custom head I gotta tell you it is an ENTIRELY different animal...I have to take a look at this one eventually

Faces are great. Hairline is so low it's really bad...

That's what hurts it. I like the crazy sculpt and that's what i'll be using. The rest of the statue is fantastic and i can't wait for her to ship to me.

Faces are great. Hairline is so low it's really bad...

Seriously. The low hairline on the young Jean absolutely kills the sculpt. It makes no sense to me. These Phoenix portraits are truly a case study in that sometimes, it's best to just tell the fans "thanks for the input but we don't care". I blame the community for harassing XM about the sculpts so much that there was never enough clarity behind them since the initial sculpts. Such an odyssey. Lucky the rest of the statue is beautiful, even if I still want the painted bird.

when is simply toy gonna ship this? anyone know?

Don't know but they seem to be one of the first to receive their allotment.

Seriously. The low hairline on the young Jean absolutely kills the sculpt. It makes no sense to me. These Phoenix portraits are truly a case study in that sometimes, it's best to just tell the fans "thanks for the input but we don't care". I blame the community for harassing XM about the sculpts so much that there was never enough clarity behind them since the initial sculpts. Such an odyssey. Lucky the rest of the statue is beautiful, even if I still want the painted bird.

I still to this day think the painted bird looked best. This looks like it's on fire with a light behind it and i guess that's what the fans wanted. I agree that sometimes XM need to just go with what they think. Too much fan input isn't always a good thing.

Don't know but they seem to be one of the first to receive their allotment.[/QUOTE]

really!!! if so, I will get her soon!!!

11988636_10153232227243565_6190850228652895095_n.jpg

11950234_10153232227223565_3266636299916697858_o.jpg

11951206_10153232227253565_3225964099234177357_n.jpg

From the artwork she has a fantastic portrait with well rounded features and high forehead and somehow the height of the hairline has been cut in half. The weirdest part is the hair swept up portrait which should really have the highest hairline of all is the lowest and worst.
I'm not normally interested in custom portraits but I'll be interested to see what comes out for this unless they're redone (again).

I'll definitely be interested if you end up giving it a shot

This is my first attempts at a female custom sculpt, and there is a lot more work to go into it.
479bdf3fb1b733f8dab68f00b39b4f6e_zpsa8d8gnai.jpg

I will need to see how it looks printed to have a full understanding of the digital to print issues. I still have light years worth of skills to learn, and this Headsculpt has a lot of ZBrush tools at his base, well way more then my male Headsculpt do. I will defi sty take a shot at a custom for Phoenix if there is an interest, and if there is someone locally who has her coming... Otherwise the keys and Ty ins would be almost impossible.

Back