[XM Studios] Phoenix

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah but how sweet it would be to see it in person

Sent from the Cockpit of the Millenium Falcon
While I love this forum I have learned nothing beats seeing a statue in person. Pics give you an idea but its a very different experience live. You get a sense of presence and scale. That's why I regularly go to sdcc to scout out.

The red on the bird seems too harsh and overwhelming to me. I think it should look a little more blended and translucent. Maybe when it's all assembled I'll like it more.

I think the green in her costume will make a nice contrast. This is one statue that definately needs to be displayed with a mirrored back!

The red on the bird seems too harsh and overwhelming to me. I think it should look a little more blended and translucent. Maybe when it's all assembled I'll like it more.

I agree but I think these are just WIP pics with the base colours getting blocked in. I think there is still some detail work to be done but I could be wrong and I still wouldn't mind, it's going to look epic all put together

Looks like the wings upper edges are translucent. Hmmm...

2mebhnl.jpg

246vvh0.jpg

347b2gg.jpg

While I love this forum I have learned nothing beats seeing a statue in person. Pics give you an idea but its a very different experience live. You get a sense of presence and scale. That's why I regularly go to sdcc to scout out.
Definitely man. Sometimes things look so **** in pics and when you get em in hand you're blown away

Sent from the Cockpit of the Millenium Falcon

Looks like the wings upper edges are translucent. Hmmm...

2mebhnl.jpg

246vvh0.jpg

347b2gg.jpg

I think the whole bird is translucent and they are applying paint apps to it. It just looks like they are kind of going a little too heavy with the paints. Especially the red paint. Too much of the translucent effects seem to be lost because of it. Again, this may just be unfinished WIP shots. I'll wait to see what it looks like when it's done and assembled before I pass judgment. However, I was hoping to see a bit more of the translucent effect on the bird.

Well there's different tastes and opinions, but for me less translucent is better...It looks amazing as it is right now, more translucent will make it look like cheap plastic imho which I don't want in my 1k statue lol

Well there's different tastes and opinions, but for me less translucent is better...It looks amazing as it is right now, more translucent will make it look like cheap plastic imho which I don't want in my 1k statue lol

I 100% agree with this :goodpost:

I think the blending of paint and translucent resin makes this stand out and puts it into high end category. Too much translucency and it's a "Hot Toys plastic lightning effect" if you ask me. Plus they needed to blend the porcelain part with the resin part and this was what I was worried about: that they'd have a painted porcelain piece with an abrupt meeting of the translucent resin piece. In my head it wasn't working, but the end result was NAILED!

This is just perfect how they did it. :clap

I agree with heavy paint on this will look cheap, I had few figures from Japan and have the same color as that , which I don't really like it.

Back