[XM Studios] Phoenix

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thats a good question. I don't wanna cancel DC pieces for sure and I'm already going to cancel IP and transfer that NRD to Boba Fett. I realize Phoenix is a must buy for a lot of people but she's not really to me. I would LOVE to have her but I'm not quite sure I'm willing to drop 1k or more shipped on her. Wolverine is the only "must have" from XM for me so far. It's not really about cancelling current POs. I'm not the kind of guy to PO stuff just to PO stuff...I do it cuz I really want something. So cancelling something I already have POed doesn't happen very often. The only piece in my list I am cancelling is IP and I've been on the fence about him for a while but after the proto for mark 42 and mark 2 went up at SDCC, I have lost faith SSC will ever do a worthy IM PF. All this being said if I get the chance to PO Phoenix, I will more than likely do it:lol:lol:lol

I've already cancelled all the stuff that I can live without...everything else on my PO list would be tough to cancel now. I need to do some serious thinking about what I PO...things are getting very expensive, and my display space is nearly maxed out as is.

I've already cancelled all the stuff that I can live without...everything else on my PO list would be tough to cancel now. I need to do some serious thinking about what I PO...things are getting very expensive, and my display space is nearly maxed out as is.

Exactly. XM stuff is worth it but it's still crazy expensive. I need to be 100% sure I want something before I decide to drop close to 1k on it. Again Phoenix I would still order if I get the chance but at the hefty price tag, I'm guessing I would have to cancel a couple more current and future POs. Like I plan on POing Boba Fett and Vader PFs but if PO Phoenix, I may have to cancel both of those.

Never understood the Boba Fettish. Vader on the other hand...

I think he's just a silent badass. Plus I think his armor is pretty sick, probably matching Iron Man in my books (depends on the IM suits, some can't be topped). But I was more a jango guy, those dual blasters are pretty cool.

I think I may need to go and order this through a third party. It will look amazing once painted, I have faith in XM.

Boba fett's armor always looked like he went to a junk yard to find some sheet metal and pasted it on his mechanic overallls

As nice as Phoenix will probably be, it's not worth not getting the Boba and Vader PFs if you ask me. I wouldn't do it.

I think it would depend on which IP you prefer... Also consider given SS Edition Size lately, odds are Boba and Vader PF's will be around for awhile (Probably several months after release, unless you want the EX), where as Phoenix will be gone in a few hours after release.

But if your not a big X-Men fan and are a huge Star Wars fans, then yeah Boba and Vader are the way to go...

But if you're a big fan of both...ouch.

But I wasn't able to get on anybody's Pre Order list for Phoenix so unless I manage to get one from the retailers once their stock goes up, I'll probably miss out on Phoenix and have to wait and see if SS will eventually tackle her.

I think he's just a silent badass. Plus I think his armor is pretty sick, probably matching Iron Man in my books (depends on the IM suits, some can't be topped). But I was more a jango guy, those dual blasters are pretty cool.

I think I may need to go and order this through a third party. It will look amazing once painted, I have faith in XM.

I like Fett and I agree with your assessment, I just don't get the infatuation with him and endless collectibles for the character whereas there's literally none for major players like Mags, etc.

But if you're a big fan of both...ouch.

But I wasn't able to get on anybody's Pre Order list for Phoenix so unless I manage to get one from the retailers once their stock goes up, I'll probably miss out on Phoenix and have to wait and see if SS will eventually tackle her.
Yeah this is looking more and more likely for me too.

I like Fett and I agree with your assessment, I just don't get the infatuation with him and endless collectibles for the character whereas there's literally none for major players like Mags, etc.

Yeah this is a major consideration. Fett are great, but I don't see the need for that and multiple Vader PFs and others. I mean seriously; no Juggernaut? No Mags? No Hulk/Wolvie Dio? I mean seriously?

Went to XM Studios last saturday and all I can say is after talking to them and hearing how dedicated they are to making the best statues they can make. I preordered this statue sight unseen and would gladly do so for a lot more of their upcoming products.

This piece is a must have for me. If I had known about ways to pre order a week ago I definitely would have. Good for you entrari

So I take it that PO for this will be luck of the draw with distributors?

I believe retailers would still get their allocations but as with the hotter pieces, they don't last long. Man, so excited about Phoenix getting the green light! XM's X-Men line is looking to be more and more AWESOME! :)

Boy oh boy, my favourite Spidey + gang now have high expectations to meet! :lol

As nice as Phoenix will probably be, it's not worth not getting the Boba and Vader PFs if you ask me. I wouldn't do it.
For me it is. X Men are primary focus. But I agree with you in the mentality that more collectors should focus on what their really passionate about. Have a theme to a collection. A purpose. If not you end up with a messy setup and dropping 1K on Phoenix won't make sense and she will look off. But to the focused collector she will be a crown jewel.

Back